ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Popup Translator Shootout?

<< < (3/6) > >>

app103:
There is also Fried Babelfish which was a NANY 2009 submission from Krishean and myself, that is fairly simple, has 2 tabs for easily switching between 2 languages (good for doing 2-way stuff a lot quicker), it's portable, and uses Google Translator, which means it has that auto-detect language feature, useful when you have no idea what language the text you want to translate is in. (does require internet access to make it work)

It doesn't automatically copy to the clipboard, but that is something I am planning on adding at some point. I'd like to make it useful for 2-way translating of chat room text, for use with any chat client. This might not be a feature I add in the near future, though.

The Delphi/javascript source is included, if you (or anyone else) feels like improving it.

kalos:
is there a translator that will search for the text under the cursor or the highlighted/selected text in a webpage dictionary that we have specified and show the result from there?

thanks

David.P:
Since I just couldn't get my former favorite "TranslateClient" to work properly AT ALL unfortunately (especially regarding the hotkey activation), I just identified QTranslate, which seems to work really well. I also like the standard hotkey "Double Ctrl."

This has a lot of potential to become my favorite popup translator!

Cheers David.P

tomos:
hi David, sounds good.

couple of queries:

1. what exactly is double Ctrl ? (pressing the two Ctrl keys simultaneously? or tapping it?)
2. do you know are the hotkeys customisable?

thanks, Tom

David.P:
Hi Tom,

ad 1.) you press Ctrl two times (quickly)
ad 2.) yes!

Hth,
Cheers David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version