ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Popup Translator Shootout?

<< < (2/6) > >>

David.P:
Thanks mouser :-[

Curt:
really fine mini-test/review :-)

Can you tell about the PRO version of your favourite, please?

David.P:
Thanks Curt.  :-[

Can you tell about the PRO version of your favourite, please-Curt (May 27, 2010, 05:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't tried the PRO version myself. The main differences seem to be Wikipedia access and the ability to install additional dictionaries locally.

Btw, in the meantime, I've found some more great features of TranslateClient. For example, in the main window, TranslateClient translates continuously as you type. Additionally, the translation result is automatically and continuously updated in your clipboard. What's more, if you get multiple translation results, you simply highlight your preferred result, click on the "Replace" button, and only the highlighted text will be transferred to your source document.

Enjoy,
Cheers David.P

[edit for broken link]

David.P:
... has anyone already found out how this popup trigger method by TranslateClient actually works:

If I right click anywhere, of course what I get is the normal application context menu, not a translation by TranslateClient.

[edit] oops, it is left click  :-[

But still, no translation if I select text and left click on it...

yksyks:
The same here. The 1st and 3rd options work well, the 2nd one does nothing. (Tried in Opera, Notepad, MS Word.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version