ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

It's Official: Apple Is Now Worth More Than Microsoft*

<< < (5/8) > >>

cranioscopical:
the second secret teaching of the Kung-Fu Tech Support Masters-40hz
--- End quote ---
And the first is?  Always take a non-refundable deposit?  ;)

They're calling it the iWhopper.-Stoic Joker
--- End quote ---
;D iWatering, iWept.

Darwin:
the second secret teaching of the Kung-Fu Tech Support Masters-40hz
--- End quote ---
And the first is?  Always take a non-refundable deposit?  ;)

They're calling it the iWhopper.-Stoic Joker
--- End quote ---
;D iWatering, iWept.
-cranioscopical (May 26, 2010, 05:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Darwin:
-Stoic Joker (May 26, 2010, 05:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
Wow! I royally fcsked that one up didn't I?  :-[

I meant to quote (and was responding to) this part: The obsequious Apple salesman kept going on and on about the superior "innovations" on the iMac (like streaming video!) and went on about the superior security, yada, yada, yada. I was with my mum for that embarrassing spiel. She and dad went and checked out Windows 7 machines on their own and went and bought the iMac without me. The same salesman convinced them that the iMac was competitive in terms of hardware at that price point. Ridiculous.

--- End quote ---

No worries. I did want to throttle the guy (who was the head tech guy at the store as well). You should have seen his face when my mum asked him about Windows 7. Apparently, he has a Windows 7 machine at home that he has set up as a Media Centre. He didn't say much but his face and body language spoke volumes. He just kind of shook his head and said something about not getting on with it. WTF? Big time fan-boy.

zridling:
Okay, Apple is worth more than Microsoft (thanks to gadgets, not software). So what. Shouldn't change a thing for Microsoft except -- in my opinion -- to embrace more open standards and open formats to counter Apple's closed ecosystem built around that Sunday School called "App Store."

Josh:
Market Value != Market Share

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version