ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

It's Official: Apple Is Now Worth More Than Microsoft*

<< < (4/8) > >>

Darwin:
PS I did consider loading Vista Ultimate on their iMac but can't see them using a dual-boot setup and doubt they'd enjoy running Windows as a VM. Thoughts?-Darwin (May 26, 2010, 12:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

If some schlockmeister Crapple sales tool did that to my parents? He'd be dragged out behind the boutique for a quick lesson in instant karma. I've got slightly less than half the patience of a coked-out badger when it comes to that brand of nonsense.
-Stoic Joker (May 26, 2010, 01:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Which nonsense - the VM/Dual booting Windows idea? Just checking...

Darwin:
They paid $1300 for a 22' iMac
-Darwin (May 26, 2010, 12:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
Salesman probably told them a tall story!
-cranioscopical (May 26, 2010, 02:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Doh! 22" iMac...

40hz:
They're happy, leave them happy.
If they ever become unhappy that'll be the time to unveil another wonder.
-cranioscopical (May 26, 2010, 02:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's Official: Apple Is Now Worth More Than Microsoft*

Chris has just revealed the second secret teaching of the Kung-Fu Tech Support Masters!!!!  :greenclp:

(Thanks for giving the game away! :P)

;D

Darwin:
PS I did consider loading Vista Ultimate on their iMac but can't see them using a dual-boot setup and doubt they'd enjoy running Windows as a VM. Thoughts?
--- End quote ---
They're happy, leave them happy.
If they ever become unhappy that'll be the time to unveil another wonder.
-cranioscopical (May 26, 2010, 02:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed. Putting Vista on it would be more for me than it would be for them (I have a copy of Vista Ultimate that I'm not using). I would like to be able to load up some of my shareware that I'm not using so that they can use it (Photo editing, mostly), but it seems like too much hassle for what I suspect would be little return.

Stoic Joker:
PS I did consider loading Vista Ultimate on their iMac but can't see them using a dual-boot setup and doubt they'd enjoy running Windows as a VM. Thoughts?-Darwin (May 26, 2010, 12:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

If some schlockmeister Crapple sales tool did that to my parents? He'd be dragged out behind the boutique for a quick lesson in instant karma. I've got slightly less than half the patience of a coked-out badger when it comes to that brand of nonsense.
-Stoic Joker (May 26, 2010, 01:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Which nonsense - the VM/Dual booting Windows idea? Just checking...-Darwin (May 26, 2010, 03:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
Wow! I royally fcsked that one up didn't I?  :-[

I meant to quote (and was responding to) this part: The obsequious Apple salesman kept going on and on about the superior "innovations" on the iMac (like streaming video!) and went on about the superior security, yada, yada, yada. I was with my mum for that embarrassing spiel. She and dad went and checked out Windows 7 machines on their own and went and bought the iMac without me. The same salesman convinced them that the iMac was competitive in terms of hardware at that price point. Ridiculous.
--- End quote ---

They paid $1300 for a 22' iMac
--- End quote ---
Salesman probably told them a tall story!-cranioscopical (May 26, 2010, 02:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

No it's part of the Super Secret Apple MacDonalds merger - They're calling it the iWhopper.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version