ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Categories of life?

<< < (5/7) > >>

40hz:
^Wish there were a good backstory to it. But in this case, it just popped into my head late one evening while I was working on the draft of a piece of steampunk fiction. My character Victoria Deering dismissed a scientific rival's 'proofs' as being little more than "Madness and winks."

"Here then are my proofs. What say you to them, Madam?"

"Madness and winks, Sir!"

AFAIK it's mine. :)

(Edit: I stopped being lazy and corrected the above dialog after I looked it up in my draft. :-[ )

Gwen7:
@40hz: nice! photoshop?  :)

tomos:
That sounds like a good back story 40hz!

I very much like the look of the other combo though
Professional  Personal  Nonsense
&
I think "Madness and winks" would work better on it's own (it would overpower the other two IMO)

An variation on first would be
Professional  Personal  Nonsensical

40hz:
@40hz: nice! photoshop?  :)

-Gwen7 (May 25, 2010, 02:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Paint.Net actually.  Just a quick & dirty character ref image for when I'm writing.

(JPG > Sharpen > Sepia > Ink Drawing > Glow.  Manually adjust color curves, resize, and save as JPG.) :Thmbsup:

I try to create images and write a curriculum vitae plus fair bit of backstory for each of my major and semi-major characters. Helps keep me focused.

It also helps prevent any characters from staging a 'mutiny' around page 125!

;D

superboyac:
40, I like the term and explanation.  I'd use it, but I think I'm going to stick with my one word category name, even though I like yours better.  Nonsense give off a similar vibe anyway.  More crude...but similar.

I just saw tomos' answer. Yes, you said it better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version