ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Categories of life?

(1/7) > >>

superboyac:
I want to re-categorize my website.  Part of the reason is because in Wordpress it's impossible to sort categories in your own custom order.  Yes, it's annoying.  But it's still the best website thing out there.

But I was just thinking about it, and my website is personal.  It's about my life.  So, I want to make the top level categories the categories of life.  What would you guys say that is?  i don't want any more than 3 top level categories.  I am very open to suggestions.

Here's my attempt:
--Work (possible alternatives: Career,

--Personal

--Random

I know.  it sucks.  I'm not familiar with philosophy.  Anyways, please help!

superboyac:
How about:
Career
Leisure
Nonsense

mitzevo:
How about Personal, Professional, & Uncategorized

Less is more ;)

daddydave:
Maybe this site gives you some ideas. It is in reference to life goals, but they also tried to divide life into categories:

Artistic:
Do you want to achieve any artistic goals? If so, what?

Attitude:
Is any part of your mindset holding you back? Is there any part of the way that you behave that upsets you? If so, set a goal to improve your behavior or find a solution to the problem.

Career:
What level do you want to reach in your career?

Education:
Is there any knowledge you want to acquire in particular? What information and skills will you need to achieve other goals?

Family:
Do you want to be a parent? If so, how are you going to be a good parent?

Financial:
How much do you want to earn by what stage?

Physical:
Are there any athletic goals you want to achieve, or do you want good health deep into old age? What steps are you going to take to achieve this?

Pleasure:
How do you want to enjoy yourself? - You should ensure that some of your life is for you!

Public Service:
Do you want to make the world a better place? If so, how?
--- End quote ---

superboyac:
How about Personal, Professional, & Uncategorized
Less is more ;)
-mitzevo (May 25, 2010, 10:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
I like it!  I'd like to have something more fun that "uncategorized".  I like the other two though.  I'm definitely using those.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version