ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Do you know a free HTML editor with real time preview in adjacent pane?

<< < (10/17) > >>

steeladept:
what I meant by automatically insert HTML codes is that I'm used to an HTML editor (the old Windows version of Arachnophilia, which is truly superb) where you can customize the right-click menu such that you can, for example:

highlight text and change its size, color, make it a link, etc.

or click on a blank area and insert text or links or graphics, etc.
-HankFriedman (June 18, 2010, 11:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ah, thank you. Now I know what you are talking about, but I don't know of any currently developed editor that does that.  Sorry.  I just knew from your original post and some of the followon posts that VisualWebDeveloper met all those stated desires.  If Arachnophilia is not still available, I don't know that there will be any free (or even paid) version that will do everything the same as that, but I know some (VWD included) will come close.

cchian:
Arachnophilia is still around and is now written in Java, it was last updated on 10/2009.  I have never used it but remember its name from many years ago.

http://www.arachnoid.com/arachnophilia/

HankFriedman:
And the winners are:

CodeLobster and Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2010 Express both are free and have vertical splitting with sync.

David.P:
Ahh what a great thread -- albeit not with a clear result/winner (if I'm right).

I'm basically looking for something similar as Hank was:

A HTML editor that allows fast and easy editing (basically of existing websites), especially including fast text formatting like bolding, text highlighter etc.

The editor can be simple, but it must be capable of handling complex websites with lots of CSS and stuff without breaking the site's layout or source code.

I'd actually prefer a WYSIWYG pane for simple text editing as well, although a fast preview pane with synchronous scrolling could also be acceptable. Mozilla Kompozer comes very close -- but unfortunately is discontinued, and its supposed successor, Bluegriffon, is not quite up to par with Kompozer's features and ease of editing. OTOH, Kompozer does not have html syntax highlighting, oh well.

I'm actually somewhat hopeless because the following list shows what I've already tried (including Blog and Bulk Mail HTML editors):

1st Page 2006
AFSS - HTML Designer 2.3
BestAddress HTML Editor
Blink HTML Editor
BlockNote HTML Editor
BlogDesk html (blog) editor
Blogjet html (blog) editor
CoffeCup The HTML Editor 12.5 (yucky runtime GUI, no WYSIWYG editor anymore)
e-campaign, html (bulk email) editor
FreeLabs HTML Editor
Fresh HTML Designer (no CSS-Layout)
Htmlpad html editor no WYSIWYG-editing
Microsoft Expression Web HTML Editor (graphics errors, crashed)
NetObjects Fusion Essentials HTML Editor (outdated)
Outlook Express HTML E-Mail Editor
PageBreeze (free) HTML Editor, no Highlighter
Phase-5-HTML-Editor
Post2Blog html (blog) editor
Sendblaster, html (bulk email) editor
SoThink (CuteHtml) HTML Designer
Trellian Webpage 3
Trellian Webpage 4
Vodamail 10, html (bulk email) editor
W.Bloggar, html (blog) editor
WinCHM HTML MHT Editor
Windows Live Mail, HTML E-Mail Editor no text marker
WizHTML HTML E-Mail Editor
www-sharp HTML Editor
Zoundry Raven, html (blog) editor

Thus, I'd be VERY happy if someone could recommend yet another HTML editor.... :(

Possibly THE ONE KILLER APP  no one has ever heard of (or something;)

Thanks heaps already
Cheers David.P

Curt:
new features only: http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/new_features.html 
-the list is  l o n g !

http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com $45

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version