ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Space + click on file reveals "Open With" list of programs

<< < (5/7) > >>

nudone:
okay, that's brilliant.

if you could add the feature so that "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" is automatically deselected when the dialog appears - then i'd say that will be near perfection.

(i just think that problems are likely to occur if people don't realise that "always use..." is selected and they go and click a none default program.)

skwire:
if you could add the feature so that "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" is automatically deselected when the dialog appears - then i'd say that will be near perfection.
-nudone (May 25, 2010, 03:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know of any way to do that programatically.  That being said, you could write in some more code into your hotkey that waits for the window, checks the state of that box, and sets it accordingly.  Something like this:

--- Code: AutoIt ---F1::{    ClipSave := ClipboardAll ; Save the entire clipboard.    Clipboard := ""          ; Null out clipboard.    SendInput, ^c            ; Copy to clipboard (assumed to be a filepath).     ; Small amount of error-handling.     ClipWait, 2                If ( Errorlevel != 0 )    {        MsgBox, Clipboard timed out.        Return    }     ; Call the 'Open With' dialog and pass in copied path from above.    Run, C:\tmp\OpenWiff.exe "%Clipboard%"        ; Determine the state of the "Always use the selected program to open    ; this kind of file" checkbox and uncheck it if it's checked.    WinWaitActive, Open With    ControlGet, myState, Checked, , Button2, Open With    If ( myState = 1 )    {        Control, Uncheck, , Button2, Open With    }        ; Restore the original clipboard and free memory.    Clipboard := ClipSave     ClipSave  := ""}Return

tomos:
Regarding anything custom, I'm wondering if it might be well-suited as a FARR plugin.  Do you use FARR?
-skwire (May 25, 2010, 02:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

I had thought of mentioning FARR but didnt as the focus here (mine included) was on File managers.
In FARR you would have to search for the file presumably?
or
could it recognise what file is selected in File Manager and work from there - that's asking a lot though I suspect :)

Love the name btw  ;-)

nudone:
thanks for that, skwire. unfortunately it doesn't appear to work.

would it be simpler to just send alt+a to the dialog? i have tried to do that myself already but i've no idea what i'm doing wrong as that doesn't work either - but i assumed that's because i don't really know what i'm doing.

skwire:
thanks for that, skwire. unfortunately it doesn't appear to work.-nudone (May 25, 2010, 04:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Could be a Windows 7 thing since it appears to work here.  It could also be that the checkbox under Windows 7 is a different ClassNN than under Windows XP.  It's "Button2" under XP.  Are you able to tell me what it is under Windows 7?  You can use the WindowSpy utility included with a standard AHK install.

would it be simpler to just send alt+a to the dialog?-nudone (May 25, 2010, 04:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

No, because that would toggle it instead of explicitly setting it to an unchecked state.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version