ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Space + click on file reveals "Open With" list of programs

<< < (3/7) > >>

nudone:
okay, that doesn't work well enough anyway.

Directory Opus decides that the "h" is used for selecting something else in the context menu - so i'm thinking that trying to use the systems "Open With" menu isn't going to work in the long run. there's the possibility of even more "h" shortcuts being used in the context menu.

looks like a more intelligent version of "Choices Editor" would be very nice. i'd try to get that to work with a hotkey trigger (so my default program would open if the trigger wasn't used). but Choices Editor didn't appear to want to work with the .url extension. maybe that's not a great problem really.

tomos:
nudone,
you misread my post - I was describing how XY worked* & saying I would like to see that via AHK - Dopus is my main file manager as well

* I think XY's implementation is very good - it allows you to associate various filetypes with different programmes - again I'm saying this because I would love to see something like that via AHK (or some way it could work universally). It's the same idea as the open-with menu but much tidier...

[edit] I just wanted to make the point I'm also interested (& I'm sure there would be a lot of interest) if someone's thinking of coding :) [edit]

nudone:
ah right, sorry. but yes. definitely something that is long overdue - fingers crossed someone takes up the challenge.

skwire:
This is easily done.  However, some thoughts as to how to implement it:

1) As an executable that you can pass a filename to.  The user will have to determine how to get and pass the filename.
2) As a slightly more complete application that includes a hotkey and path-getting capabilities.  For this, though, the utility will need to stay running.  Also, there is no one good way to get a filename/path so that's why I like to leave it up to the user (and their computer).

Your thoughts?

tomos:
1) As an executable that you can pass a filename to.  The user will have to determine how to get and pass the filename.
-skwire (May 24, 2010, 03:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm a bit lost there - I suppose it could probably be done fairly easily with dopus - but if someone is using Explorer?

2) As a slightly more complete application that includes a hotkey and path-getting capabilities.  For this, though, the utility will need to stay running.
-skwire (May 24, 2010, 03:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

I dont see having it running all the time a problem.
- When you say "there is no one good way to get a filename/path so that's why I like to leave it up to the user (and their computer)" do you suspect it wont work for a lot of people; and / or that it would mean it very awkward to code ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version