ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Space + click on file reveals "Open With" list of programs

<< < (6/7) > >>

skwire:
I had thought of mentioning FARR but didnt as the focus here (mine included) was on File managers.
In FARR you would have to search for the file presumably?
or could it recognise what file is selected in File Manager and work from there - that's asking a lot though I suspect :)-tomos (May 25, 2010, 03:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

I was thinking about using FARR's built-in copy-to-clipboard hotkey function.  Then again, I've never written a FARR plugin so it would definitely take some doing.

Love the name btw  ;-)-tomos (May 25, 2010, 03:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hahaha...thanks.  I'm absolute crap at actually naming programs so I took a cue from an old friend whose name is Keith Smith.  He usually does his email/username as keef.smiff.   :D

daddydave:
Could be a Windows 7 thing since it appears to work here.  It could also be that the checkbox under Windows 7 is a different ClassNN than under Windows XP.  It's "Button2" under XP.  Are you able to tell me what it is under Windows 7?  You can use the WindowSpy utility included with a standard AHK install.
-skwire (May 25, 2010, 04:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

I just checked with AU3info, and it looks like it's just "Button" in Windows 7 (I'm running the 64 bit version)

EDIT: and it is Instance 1 (there are four controls with a class of Button).

skwire:
Thanks, daddydave.  nudone, try changing the instances of 'Button2' in my example to 'Button' or 'Button1'.  Man, I really need to get some type of Windows 7 to test with in a VM.

nudone:
yes, that's it - Button1 works fine.

what a nice script. credits on their way...

tomos:
Here you go, OpenWiff (source/binary included): http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/snacks/OpenWiff.zip

For a samply hotkey in AHK, you could use something like this:
[...]
-skwire (May 25, 2010, 02:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

well, I wasnt sure how that was meant to be used but I set it up as a button in Dopus
"F:\Portable\ ...\OpenWiff.exe" {filepath}

and that works nicely (XP)  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version