ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

"CleanDesktop" - The Sarge's latest challenge to the developers!

<< < (2/5) > >>

cranioscopical:
The problem with XP is that the Desktop Icons are contained within a child window of a hidden window.
-Markham (May 23, 2010, 12:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the reply and explanation.
My comment was not intended as a complaint, merely a report.

sgtevmckay:
The problem with XP is that the Desktop Icons are contained within a child window of a hidden window.
-Markham (May 23, 2010, 12:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
-cranioscopical (May 23, 2010, 03:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

No no; you are fine  :Thmbsup:
We take in everything ;)
It is nice to have such a broad user platform so that things do not get missed.  :P

I was explaining that there was an original tool, and this is what drove me to requests a part-out from Circle Dock, as many folks would appreciate such an item, but has not been made available, reliable and stable for Vista and 7 users.

If you are running XP...I highly recommend the program listed in the tutorial in my previous post. I used it for years, but is getting frustrating in the Windows 7 environment  :Thmbsup:

Markham:
-cranioscopical (May 23, 2010, 03:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Chris,

Thank you for reporting it - which made me go back, look at the problem more carefully and make changes to the program's documentation.

Under XP, Desktop Icons are painted in a (n unnamed) child window whose parent is "Program Manager". For experimental purposes, I've recoded the "-ToggleIcons" code for XP to briefly show the parent window long enough to determine if its child is visible or hidden.

Perhaps you'd care to test it? :)

Mark

cranioscopical:
Chris,

Thank you for reporting it - which made me go back, look at the problem more carefully and make changes to the program's documentation.

Under XP, Desktop Icons are painted in a (n unnamed) child window whose parent is "Program Manager". For experimental purposes, I've recoded the "-ToggleIcons" code for XP to briefly show the parent window long enough to determine if its child is visible or hidden.

Perhaps you'd care to test it? :)
-Markham (May 23, 2010, 10:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for taking the trouble, Mark!

The -show / -hide options work fine.
The -toggle options work fine to hide the icons but not to make them visible again.
In order to make the toggled-off icons visible, I have to kill off explorer.exe and launch another instance of it.
With icons toggled off, reissuing "cleandesktop -toggleicons" does make the parent visible for an instant.

Sorry to be an inadvertent troublemaker, usually it's deliberate on my part   ;)

Markham:
Okay, let's try this approach ...

Oh and I'm used to troublemakers - ask the Sarge!  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version