ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

CircleDock Hotkeys with 2 non-toggle keys

(1/2) > >>

daddydave:
I can't say that I've ever seen a hotkey with more than one non-toggle key in it. How do I enter Alt-Space-N? (see image attachment)

Markham:
Then you haven't heard of "WordStar" - a highly popular word processor from the early days of PC computing. It was one of the best examples of a raft of programs that used multiple-key hotkeys to perform commands; so popular was it that WordStar command sequences became an quasi- industry standard.

To send the hotkey sequence Alt+Space+N, simply press and hold the Alt key, then press the space bar followed by the N key. You can release the Alt key either immediately before or after pressing the N key.

Mark

daddydave:
Then you haven't heard of "WordStar" - a highly popular word processor from the early days of PC computing. It was one of the best examples of a raft of programs that used multiple-key hotkeys to perform commands; so popular was it that WordStar command sequences became an quasi- industry standard.-Markham (May 22, 2010, 11:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've heard of it but I was using WordPerfect and Perfect Writer (a funny little program that put menus right smack dab in the middle of the screen) in those days. The Turbo Pascal 2.0 IDE which I used in those days copied some of the WordStar keys, but all I think all I remember is Ctrl-Y.

To send the hotkey sequence Alt+Space+N, simply press and hold the Alt key, then press the space bar followed by the N key. You can release the Alt key either immediately before or after pressing the N key.

Mark
-Markham (May 22, 2010, 11:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

These don't seem to work for me. It could well be a conflict with another program but I tried to close everything with a hotkey or that manipulates the keyboard and I still can't any of the double-key ones to work. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact I am running the 64 bit version of Windows 7 (and CircleDock). In either case, no biggie.

Markham:
I have investigated this and found there to be an intermittent problem caused by some sloppy coding by my predecessor. I have fixed it for the next release.

Mark

daddydave:
I have investigated this and found there to be an intermittent problem caused by some sloppy coding by my predecessor. I have fixed it for the next release.

Mark
-Markham (May 28, 2010, 01:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
Excellent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version