topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 5:35 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: What's the best software uninstaller tool?  (Read 18501 times)

CleverCat

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: What's the best software uninstaller tool?
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2010, 02:54 AM »
With Total Uninstall, you can control what gets deleted during uninstall.  :Thmbsup:

I didn't know it could do that. That feature could be very useful. Thx! :)

Yes, during uninstall, you get windows popping up to ask if you want to delete certain folders etc - If I'm reinstalling again to fix a problem I'll leave some bits.....

ha14

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2010, 04:50 AM »
Hi
Here is a picture that compares Advanced Uninstaller Free and pro version

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2010, 02:17 AM »
Today's giveaway is Cleanse Uninstaller Pro 6.5 from Zards Software

The initial scan was just as slow as Windows' Add/Remove_Programs!  :o
-but it also opens with a lot more informations ready.   ;)

http://www.giveawayo...uninstaller-pro-6-2/
-the link says "6.2" but it really is version 6.5.1

No 'monitor install'-feature.  :down:

2010-05-28_090325-751.gif

click for large:

2010-05-28_091709-752.gifWhat's the best software uninstaller tool?

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2010, 07:09 AM »
Looks like iObit has joined the party with a free and portable uninstaller that appears to copy Revo's approach pretty closely. Works with Windows 7 but I didn't see anything specific about 64-bit. gHacks just did a write-up on it:

Link: http://www.ghacks.ne...h-iobit-uninstaller/

IObit Uninstaller is another application that tackles those uninstallation leftovers. The portable software uninstaller displays a list of installed programs in its interface. The sidebar contains several other useful shortcuts to only list toolbars, programs that have been recently installed, large programs, rarely used software and Windows Updates.

1.pngWhat's the best software uninstaller tool? 2.pngWhat's the best software uninstaller tool?

I downloaded it and gave it a try. Looks to be a workable solution. And the fact it's a portable app makes it a good candidate for inclusion on an all-purpose tech tool USB key. :Thmbsup:

Download link: http://iobit.com/dow...advanced-uninstaller
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 07:11 AM by 40hz »

sajman99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2010, 02:12 PM »
Putting aside the issues I've had with IObit in the past, I figured I would try the free and portable IObit Uninstaller. Like most of their products, it does look good.

Right away I noticed the installation dates are wrong. For example, Revo Uninstaller and MyUninstaller can correctly recognize that I updated XnView a few days ago, but IObit still thinks my installation is three years old.

So IObit can't get this basic info correct, but I'm supposed to trust it to select the correct registry entries to remove? Well crud, I'll stick with the proven Revo and MyUninstaller for now.

sajman99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2010, 02:47 PM »
Comodo has now gotten into the act with their free Comodo Programs Manager. In the last couple years it seems Comodo has a software for just about everything.

Currently it looks like the download is 8.27 MB; I haven't tried it and will probably resist the temptation. Revo and MyUninstaller have served me well, but curiosity may overwhelm at some point.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2010, 02:54 PM »
And the fact it's a portable app makes it a good candidate for inclusion on an all-purpose tech tool USB key. :Thmbsup:
I love my USB toolkit.  My first job in college was a troubleshooting computer guy for the campus.  I used to take a backpack sized bag with me as my toolbox.  It had a zip drive in there, all types of cables, some floppy disks.  On the zip drive were the installation files for certain programs I might need.  It's great to have that all on a keychain now, and nothing to install, but run directly from the usb.  As a bonus, I have my amazing LBC menu for the portable programs.  one of my favorite mouser creations.