ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

How to have docked launchbar not take up entire edge?

(1/6) > >>

winds350:
I've been playing with LaunchBar Commander a little bit, but there is one thing I can't figure out.  As soon as I dock a bar, it expands in size to take up the entire edge of the screen it's docked against.  Is there any way to prevent that, so that it only uses the space it needs?  I didn't find anything in a forum search.

mouser:
There is no way for it to dock and not take up the entire height or width.
However, there are other options for if you dont want it always occupying the space on your screen:

* Have it hide/slide out only when you move mouse near edge.
* Keep it minimized in system tray and have it only pop up as a menu from there.
* Configure a hotkey to bring up a menu at your cursor.

winds350:
Unfortunate.  I already use auto-hide, but the entire top edge of a 23" screen is a bit much.  Is it something that might appear in a new version some day?

mouser:
It's not something i can change for the case where it is always docked, but for the sliding/hiding case, it could be done.. though it's a little hard for me to see why it would be very useful since it's only temporarily sliding out on rare occasions, so is it really important in such cases how big it is?

winds350:
Partly, I suppose it's what I'm used to from the docks I'm looking to replace with LaunchBar Commander.  The practical aspect is that with a dock that is only large enough to contain the icons, your mouse is near the icon you want as soon as the dock unhides.  You can center or offset the dock to either side.  Also, if it behaves like most docks and only a mouse over/edge bump in the area actually occupied by the dock unhides it, there is less 'collision' between unhiding a dock and say minimizing a window.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version