topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 3:30 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Desktop Coral: Links to write-ups  (Read 8290 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Desktop Coral: Links to write-ups
« on: August 13, 2010, 04:32 PM »
Nice mention on downloadsquad today  :Thmbsup:

Enter DesktopCoral! This trusty utility isn't new, but that doesn't mean it isn't cool. With a few simple settings, I reserved a space at the bottom of my secondary monitor, which is just right for my widgets. If I want to change the configuration, I just need to drag a couple of sliders and check a couple of boxes. Unlike many customization tools, DesktopCoral's configuration is completely graphical.

I spent exactly two minutes configuring this tool, and it's been running in my system tray, quietly doing its job without a hitch, for over a week now. That's perfect!

http://www.downloads...ce-for-your-widgets/

Screenshot - 8_13_2010 , 4_31_07 PM_thumb.png
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 05:39 PM by mouser »

mateek

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • NewPray.com - A description of a broken window for world peace, law proposals, prophecy explanations, conspiracies, and more.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Desktop Coral: Links to write-ups
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 09:46 PM »
Congratulations on the recognition of this great little program.

I love it in combo with PIP (picture-in-picture) on my old TV I use as a monitor.  I found lots of stuff on my desktop got blocked when I was occasionally using the PIP feature to watch a 9th inning, or something interesting while doing homework.  DesktopCoral works perfect to keep your work visible on those occasions.

For awhile I had a dual monitor up-down arrangement next to my laptop workhorse controlled through Input Director.  I used the top monitor constantly for my TV card, and the bottom only occasionally.  In fact, the bottom moni was usually off.  I didn't use the remote for the channel changing, only the mouse controls. I also used that same desktop for streaming video in my study of Hebrew (still do, just not on dual arrangement for now) Desktop Coral kept me from mousing over the less used monitor.
Stop war, change U.S. Politics, Kabbalah, my case modding, etc: My Website.