topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:43 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Burning Studio 10  (Read 16199 times)

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Burning Studio 10
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2010, 01:18 PM »
The problem is that Ashampoo don't have a targeted way of sending emails so even if you buy BS10 you will still get offers for version 8 and 9. The same goes for all their products.

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2010, 02:40 PM »
When you hit the unsubscribe link in their email you will be taken to their "Service Letter Management" page where you can make changes to your subscriptions including the frequency of the emails.
Interesting.  This is a rather bizarre way to do things.  I may nonetheless give it a try.  Thanks!

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2010, 09:02 AM »
-but the picture tells something different (@hotline-service.de)(maybe "you" will check inside a genuine Alcohol 120% and see who is really dealing with support?):

That's very interesting. I've never heard of such a thing before. Furthermore, I've never heard of hotline-service.de, either. Thanks for the info, but I'm not sure if I was more or less confused before you 'enlightened' me.

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2010, 09:07 AM »
sorry, I never understood this complaint. Click "unsubsribe". End of story.

In a perfect world it would have been end of story, but in my case I'd get emails from them every day & every day I'd click unsubscribe & go through the removal process. A week later the emails from them were still coming so I'd unsubscribe again. A week later, repeat the process. I started trying to unsubscribe after a week of their emails. The deluge finally stopped 8 months later & after a bajillion unsubscribe requests.

Never again.

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2010, 09:09 AM »
When you hit the unsubscribe link in their email you will be taken to their "Service Letter Management" page where you can make changes to your subscriptions including the frequency of the emails.

Tried that. Didn't work. It got to the point I had their "Service Letter Management" page memorized & could probably navigate it blindfolded. The emails just...would...not...stop.

EDIT: Oh...looks like I have a "kill on the server" filter in my email program for their stupid newsletters. Maybe they never stopped and they're *still* coming. Whatever...at least I don't have to lay eyes on one ever again.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 09:11 AM by Innuendo »

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2010, 09:52 AM »
Tried that. Didn't work. It got to the point I had their "Service Letter Management" page memorized & could probably navigate it blindfolded. The emails just...would...not...stop.
Same here.
I didn't wait 8 months before applying my own kill filter… sure felt like it, though  >:(

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2010, 09:38 PM »
Same here.
I didn't wait 8 months before applying my own kill filter… sure felt like it, though  >:(
-cranioscopical (May 30, 2010, 09:52 AM)

Makes me feel better knowing that I wasn't the only one. If I had been I'd begun to think I had been operating their unsubscribe page wrong.  :D

cchian

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2010, 11:28 PM »

EDIT: Oh...looks like I have a "kill on the server" filter in my email program for their stupid newsletters. Maybe they never stopped and they're *still* coming. Whatever...at least I don't have to lay eyes on one ever again.

After unsubscribing to all their newsletters a week ago I received an automated confirmation email titled "You canceled the Ashampoo Newsletter" and so far I believe I have not received any more of their emails.  I have no idea why this process is not working for some people but I am glad it did for me because it seems like I was getting their emails almost every day...

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2010, 10:37 AM »
After unsubscribing to all their newsletters a week ago I received an automated confirmation email titled "You canceled the Ashampoo Newsletter" and so far I believe I have not received any more of their emails.  I have no idea why this process is not working for some people but I am glad it did for me because it seems like I was getting their emails almost every day...

To be fair, my experience happened a year ago. They may have finally fixed their code.