topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:13 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Burning Studio 10  (Read 16200 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Burning Studio 10
« on: May 19, 2010, 10:55 PM »
Ashampoo® Burning Studio 10 BETA
Test the beta version of Ashampoo® Burning Studio 10 today!

And don't pass up this opportunity:
Pre-order possible for 6 days only;
>> Pre-order now and save 30% <<

$34.99 instead of $49.99

UPGRADE: $27,99 instead of $39,99

When I first looked at my new Burning Studio 10 (Beta) Tommy started playing inside my head: "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss". Well, at least I think to remember that it was from Tommy#. I am not meaning to say that Burning Studio ever was the boss, but it may be hard to tell the difference between version 9 and version 10, as it also was between version 8 and 9. "Of course", some might say, "it is Ashampoo; what were you expecting? You said yourself they will name it a major versions upgrade  when a honest company will call it a minor versions update!" - and they would be partly right, saying so. "Only partly?". Yes. To be honest, Ashampoo seems to be putting all of their powers into the Burning Studio; the list of features is  * L .. O .. N .. G *! Frankly, it is much too long to quote here, so go and have a look for yourself at their site:

http://www2.ashampoo...uct_2_2610___EUR.htm
$ http://www2.ashampoo...uct_2_2610___USD.htm

# = No, it was from "Won't Get Fooled Again". Only thing is: I was, wasn't I; fooled again!

2010-05-20_052219-729.gif

2010-05-20_052317-730.gif

2010-05-20_052350-731.gif

2010-05-20_052407-732.gif

2010-05-20_052423-733.gif

2010-05-20_052446-734.gif

2010-05-20_052500-735.gif

2010-05-20_052515-736.gif

2010-05-20_052541-737.gif

2010-05-20_052558-738.gif

2010-05-20_052619-739.gif

« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 07:39 AM by Curt »

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Burning Studio 10
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 03:28 AM »
Wait for a while and you will probably get a $9.99 offer 6 months after version 10 is released and they have ironed out the bugs in the new version.

However, paying to upgrade to a beta version ...  :-\

Having said that, is it my imagination that every version of Burning Studio in recent years has looked and felt identical to all the others. I would guess it is probably best to stick to version 8 or 9 unless you use very recent or unsupported hardware.

I am still using version 8 and apart from the change in colour scheme I can't really see much difference. OK there are about 3 or 4 options that now include Blu-ray that didn't used to but how many people really want to burn photo slide shows to Blu-ray or MP3 Blu-ray discs; and if you are really going to go to the expense of using a Blu-ray burner and very expensive blank media are you really going to be using Ashampoo software to edit your hi-def video?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 03:38 AM by Carol Haynes »

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 05:48 AM »
# = No, it was from "Won't Get Fooled Again". Only thing is, I was, wasn't I; fooled again!
As I recall, the Who were one of many groups inolved in the "Rock Opera" Tommy - So tehnically either answer would be correct.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 06:41 AM »
# = No, it was from "Won't Get Fooled Again". Only thing is, I was, wasn't I; fooled again!
As I recall, the Who were one of many groups inolved in the "Rock Opera" Tommy - So tehnically either answer would be correct.
-Stoic Joker (May 20, 2010, 05:48 AM)

Only, it wasn't from Tommy.

>>"Won't Get Fooled Again" is a song by the rock  band The Who. Written by Pete Townshend, it combines guitar power chords with heavily processed organ and synthesizer sounds to create a textured, atmospheric introduction that explodes into the verse. It tells of a "revolution of revolutions" in an endless cycle, where "the change it had to come, we knew it all along" but each successive new regime turns out to be just like the old one "meet the new boss, same as the old boss", so that straight away it's time once again to "pick up my guitar and play, just like yesterday, then I'll get on my knees and pray we don't get fooled again".

The original version of the song appears as the final track on the album Who's Next. The 1971 single release (a drastically edited version at three-and-a-half minutes in length) reached #9 on the UK Singles Chart, #15 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #14 on the Australian Singles Chart (Go-Set).[1]<<

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 07:35 AM »
Isn't it CSI Miami theme also ?
.merle1.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 08:04 AM »
I like the Simpsons' version better ;-)

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 11:18 AM »
Back to Burning Studio 10, I did install the beta and take a look. It overwrote version 9... At any rate, the experience prompted me to uninstall the beta and I DIDN'T bother to reinstall 9. I have Alcohol 120% installed and for the extremely rare times when I need to burn a CD/DVD, it is more than sufficient.

PS differences between 9 and 10 don't appear worth the upgrade price (though with all my Yiggles I would get it for nothing).

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 11:32 AM »
-as I said, I like the Simpsons' version better ;-)

Nonesense, sorry.

I also have 120% version 7 installed, and I like Ashampoo's better for the very simple reason that the Ashampoo GUI is made for dummies like me!  ;)

CWuestefeld

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 12:00 PM »
Ashampoo seems to be putting all of their powers into the Burning Studio; the list of features is  * L .. O .. N .. G *!

It looks like they're following the same evolution as Nero. And that's bad.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 01:39 PM »
-as I said, I like the Simpsons' version better ;-)

Nonesense, sorry.

I also have 120% version 7 installed, and I like Ashampoo's better for the very simple reason that the Ashampoo GUI is made for dummies like me!  ;)

Heh, heh - I do like how easy Ashampoo Burning Studio is to use. Had the beta 10 installer not overwritten version 9, I'd probably still have it installed. However, I'm into austerity mode with program installations at the moment so for now it stays off the computer. No doubt this will change in the coming months (it's a cyclical thing with me  :-[).

Not trying to play Eve here, Curt, but Burning Studio 10 is only 1,000 Yiggles  :P

iphigenie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 02:50 PM »
good point. i too have lots of yiggles

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 04:51 PM »
..., with 8.845 Yiggles on my account, I (too) am a PREMIUM member (>>As our valued Ashampoo Premium Customer you are free to choose.<<). Actually I already had planned to get both Burning Studio 10 FULL (I only have the upgrade) and that $300 CAD-something, for my Yiggles. But I am hesitating because I don't need either of them... and I will probably never will use the CAD thing anyway. Come to think of it, the same thing can be said about almost every piece of software I have from Ashampoo. Hmm... What's new?

re-Edited:
Eve, dear,..ehh... sorry; Mike, my man, Mike, don't you miss playing around with all sorts of programs? I mean, I don't *use* all my programs, but I do 'play around' with all of them!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 04:59 PM by Curt »

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2010, 08:51 AM »
Curt - don't go for the CAD program, yet... I purchased it in March of 2009 at v.1 (at the time my Yiggles garnered me a discount on the upgrade from 3D CAD Architecture to 3D CAD Pro and I paid over $100 for it) and received no updates or bug fixes at all. In about July or August they released v.2 with no option to buy at a discount other than  upgrade (another $259) - ie no Yiggles determined discount on top of the upgrade price. I say wait because v.3 could be coming out soon.

Once the urge to play around with the programs overwhelms me, I'll cave and start installing them again. My goad is to have around 170-180 programs installed and I'd been doing pretty well. However, they've crept up to 209 and I've managed to get back down to 203, so quite a way to go!

EDIT: Of course, another issue with the CAD program is that I never - NEVER - never used it  :-[ The pricing is really actually very competitive when compared to other 3D packages available...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 09:02 AM by Darwin »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2010, 12:11 PM »
nah,.. it will take at least half a year before version 3 is ready. More likely a full year. They first update what is selling.

But of course, I might need it just as little in a year as I do now.  ;)

The hardest part for me, reaching 200 proggys, may be to say good-bye to all those invested money! ("invested"? Ha!) I ALMOST only have $hareware versions left on my PC, but still the number is beyond double up.

But of course one way would be to purchase much better programs, so I can skip all the second grade apps. One giant replacing 25 dwarfs, or so. The better programs are much more expensive, but if I add the total of all my dwarfs, they might add up to several giants! However, that will take for me to save money each month, holding back for several months until I have half a zillion. And I am not good at holding back, I suffer from premature purchasing syndrome...

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2010, 01:56 PM »
Sigh... I hear ya, Curt! I'm in the same boat, but I am *trying* to let go of past investments - afterall, a foolish investment is a foolish investment...

PPS - I suffer from it as well...  :P

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2010, 04:42 PM »
a foolish investment
Gentlemen, there are at least ten Foolish Investment Avoidance programs that I feel you should try.
Anjou is probably preferred as discount is handsome.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2010, 05:10 PM »
Would there also be a theatre in Anjou ?

Do they play Death of a Salesman ?

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2010, 05:37 PM »
Would there also be a theatre in Anjou ?

Do they play Death of a Salesman ?

;D

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2010, 05:44 PM »
I also have 120% version 7 installed....

Huh? Alcohol 120% has only just recently reached version 2. Where'd you get v7, Curt??

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2010, 05:45 PM »
Ashampoo software are competent apps, but is it really worth the email harassment they put you through?

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2010, 08:38 PM »
Ashampoo software are competent apps, but is it really worth the email harassment they put you through?
I can't remember how I got a copy of Ashampoo Burning Studio 9, but the continual stream of messages urging me to upgrade, or try another of their programs, really turned me off.  I dismissed Ashampoo as just junk--until recently, when I found myself wanting to make a number of very straightforward audio CDs.  To my surprise and frustration, all the other programs I had, including the commercial program CopytoDVD and the freeware BurnAware Free and CDBurnerXP, failed far more often than they succeeded, leaving me with lots of useless coasters.  In desperation, I tried the copy of Ashampoo Burning Studio 9 that had been sitting idly on my computer.  It succeeded--repeatedly.  I still hate all the email pitches, but I now feel willing to put up with them.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2010, 03:05 AM »
I also have 120% version 7 installed....

Huh? Alcohol 120% has only just recently reached version 2. Where'd you get v7, Curt??

-I forgot I had the same confusing before the purchase. It seems that versions sold by Avanquest are numbered differently. On the Alcohol-soft homepage the Latest version is 2.0.0.1331, but Avanquest (in Germany) are calling the discounted version that they sold to me (5'th May 2010) for the new version 7.

This email quote tells that support is handled by Avanquest, and assumably not by Alcolhol:

Um den technischen Kundendienst für unsere Produkte zu erreichen, senden Sie bitte Ihre E-Mail mit einer genauen Problembeschreibung an [email protected]

-but the picture tells something different (@hotline-service.de)(maybe "you" will check inside a genuine Alcohol 120% and see who is really dealing with support?):

2010-05-23_094402-745.gif

« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 03:12 AM by Curt »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2010, 03:14 AM »

sorry, I never understood this complaint. Click "unsubsribe". End of story.

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2010, 09:38 AM »

sorry, I never understood this complaint. Click "unsubsribe". End of story.
The problem is that I would like to know about new versions of the software, and perhaps even be made aware of other software the company sells, but not every few days!   :down:  I agree with Innuendo that their email diarrhea is extremely annoying, and it gave me a very negative impression of the company.  It led me to assume that Ashampoo's products were garbage until I was desperate enough to try the copy of Burning Studio 9 that was sitting on my computer.  I was really surprised to find out how well it works.

cchian

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2010, 11:16 AM »
When you hit the unsubscribe link in their email you will be taken to their "Service Letter Management" page where you can make changes to your subscriptions including the frequency of the emails.