ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Apple won't take cash for iPads

<< < (3/5) > >>

ljbirns:
I asked Visa.  Here is their reply:                Note the second paragraph.

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience concerning acceptance of your Visa card. Visa sets high standards for all its products and services, and we are concerned when cardholders inform us of difficulties in using their Visa cards. We regret any inconvenience you may have experienced and hope this information proves helpful.

Please be assured that merchants, displaying the Visa logo, are not permitted to choose whether or not to accept a Visa card for payment of goods and services if the customer is acting in good faith.

Visa U.S.A. is a corporation with over 16,000 financial institutions. These institutions issue their own Visa cards and sign up merchants to accept Visa cards. They also set the terms and conditions for their merchant relationships and handle any customer service matters relating to them. While we at Visa are concerned about the satisfactory resolution of complaints regarding merchants, we do not have access to cardholder accounts or merchant records. As a result, we cannot contact merchants directly.

Therefore, we recommend as your next step that you please notify the disputes area at the financial institution that issued your card account of any merchant practices that you feel are inappropriate. Your card issuing bank has access to the appropriate Visa rules and regulations as well as to the Notification of Customer Complaint forms which should be used by your bank to document and file merchant complaints. It is not necessary for your bank to be the offending merchant's financial institution in order to file a complaint for you.

As an alternative, to report merchant practices that you feel are inappropriate, you may wish to contact the Global Customer Care Services at 1-800-VISA-911 (1-800-847-2911).

Thank you for using Visa.
Visa Webmaster

--- End quote ---

wraith808:
I asked Visa.  Here is their reply:                Note the second paragraph.
-ljbirns (May 19, 2010, 10:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is in reference to them accepting plastic, not cash.  Apple won't accept cash... the only governing body to go to for that would seem to be the government, i.e. can they refuse to accept legal tender.

ljbirns:
You are correct -  I lost my head.       However see my post  #  5  above

wraith808:
Yes, that I'd agree with- I think it's legal, if dodgy.

wraith808:
And Apple has reversed its stance.  And gave her one for free, even...

"We heard about this, you know... we all would love people like Diane [Campbell] to get an iPad, so I called her up and she was very excited and we're actually on our way to deliver an iPad to her house," said [Apple Sr. Vice President Ron] Johnson.

That's right. The folks at Apple wanted to thank Campbell for bringing this issue to their attention, so two employees from Apple visited her home Wednesday and brought her a brand new iPad for free.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version