ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Discussing major features to add to Find and Run Robot 2 continued..

<< < (3/4) > >>

jgpaiva:
I think Jay made another point that i also agree.
Farr should give different bonuses to apps that are more frequently used.
I have a problem with 2 apps: one script i made called "url" and "urlsnooper".
It's very rare that i use urlsnooper, but it still comes up before url, because it's in more important folders.
I solved this by checking the history and changing "url"s bonus, but still it bugged me.
I think the bonus for already launched apps should increase (maybe in a logarithmic way, to prevent apps from having an enormous score).
Why didn't you implement it like that, mouser? Do you have any concerns about that?

mouser:
sounds good to me, i don't mind having a score based on recency and on frequency.
makes sense, both are easy.
in fact i think nontroppo has been arguing for a frequency based scoring for a while, and has been very patient.
i think i better start seriously working on FARR 2 again in the next week while all these ideas are still fresh.

jdmarch:
score based on recency and on frequency.
-mouser (February 01, 2006, 05:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

That would be great!!

kfitting:
Yeah, adaptive scoring was discussed.  I still find it amusing that I first started using FARR because it had adaptive scoring... only to find out later it doesnt yet!  Definitely will be good to see a new version!

Kevin

jgpaiva:
sounds good to me, i don't mind having a score based on recency and on frequency.
(...)
i think i better start seriously working on FARR 2 again in the next week while all these ideas are still fresh.
-mouser (February 01, 2006, 05:11 AM)
--- End quote ---
Good to know that! Thanks!  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:
**jgpaiva waiting impatiently** :D :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version