ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

[HELP REQUEST] Please quickly review my new Twitter client

(1/7) > >>

Renegade:
Hello All,

If anyone has time, would they please quickly have a look at my new Twitter client, Twittle Twiddle Tweeter for Twitter. (This is RC1 pending any reviews.)

It's designed to be unobtrusive and simple to use, so don't expect it to do everything. It's meant to be an easy way to tweet without any fuss. It is not meant to be a comprehensive, do it all, Twitter client. 

Here's a quick preview:

Also, I have one specific question about a "just for fun" feature I thought about adding in... Tweet to a specific page for Twittle Twiddle Tweeter for all tweets from all users. Bad idea? Opt in/out? Stick it in the options context menu? I think it would be fun, but it does have privacy implications... Not too sure about it...

Thanks in advance for any comments or feedback.

Ryan

lanux128:
looks nice, i wonder if there is non-install version available? couldn't find on the website. btw, adding a char count would be helpful with twitter's 140 char limit. :)

Renegade:
looks nice, i wonder if there is non-install version available? couldn't find on the website. btw, adding a char count would be helpful with twitter's 140 char limit. :)
-lanux128 (May 16, 2010, 04:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the feedback!

I didn't do a non-install version as it uses a DLL, so it's kind of messy like that. I'll see if I can get one done that isn't all messy and icky (it wasn't very high on my priority list, and there are a couple time-consuming complications because of that).

For the character count, it's in the title bar. I wanted to keep things as clean as possible with as little additional clutter. That's why it's there. I thought that it would be obvious enough as it changes as you type (the whole reptilian brain thing and movement and all that jazz). Any suggestions or ideas on what might work better? Put it in the "Tweet" button? (A few problems with that though.)

lanux128:
I didn't do a non-install version as it uses a DLL, so it's kind of messy like that. I'll see if I can get one done that isn't all messy and icky (it wasn't very high on my priority list, and there are a couple time-consuming complications because of that).

For the character count, it's in the title bar.-Renegade (May 16, 2010, 08:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

no worries, i'll try out the installer then. nice touch with the character count, quite brilliant! :)

Renegade:
I've updated it now as RC2.

Added: Ability to "echo" tweets to the TwittleTTweeter page. Opt-in through context menu -- default is to not echo. (Basically, this lets everyone see what everyone else is tweeting.)
Added: New stand-alone version (single zipped EXE)

I had to zip the EXE so that I could put the license information in the ZIP file comments (a requirement of a library I used).

I didn't change the character count though. That's still in the title bar. I don't really see a neater way to do it without introducing some degree of clutter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version