ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skrommel's Software

all links for software are broken

<< < (3/3)

ewemoa:
maybe the current exe files can decompressed without recompiling? upx allows decompression unless it's password-protected.
-lanux128 (May 01, 2010, 06:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
BTW, I tried this today on 100 or so of Skrommel's tools and didn't have luck with any of them.  Has any one else tried?  If any of you are/were successful, would you mind sharing the command line options you used?

lanux128:
i just tried for one of them and it seems to work. there command is: upx -d -o<filename_out> <filename_in>

here's a screenie.

ewemoa:
The decompression seemed to worked for me too, but when trying to run the resulting .exe,  there was a dialog box that said something about the exe being corrupted.  I only used the -d option which overwrites the original file.  May be I'll try what you suggested.  Thanks.

ewemoa:
Hmm, no apparent difference in results here.  Still get a similar-looking dialog: "EXE corrupted" when I try to run the resulting exe.  FWIW, the original exe does run fine.

lanux128:
i'm afraid that i didn't check properly earlier. decompressed files do error out saying that the exe is corrupted. not sure why.. :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version