ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

zen and the art of file and folder organisation

(1/2) > >>

Target:
this is probably nothing new to you guys here, but many (most?) probably support more than their fair share of technically challenged users

saw this yesterday at how to geek - Zen and the art of file and folder organisation

The article basically describes a set of guidelines for managing data that may be useful for showing people the 'right' way to do things (hands up all of you who know someone that just dumps everything to my documents or the desktop, or even worse, c:\)

Innuendo:
I'll give this a read later. I'm a packrat in rehab so maybe I'll pick up some tips/ideas on how to improve on keeping everything sorted.

ewemoa:
Many files and folders I create or obtain start off on my Desktop.

Target:
Many files and folders I create or obtain start off on my Desktop.-ewemoa (May 13, 2010, 10:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

nothing wrong with that, like i said I think this is more aimed at those people that have nil or very rudimentary organisational skills.

I provide a lot of support to my colleagues and it horrifies me to see how many just dump all their files into a single directory (they don't even use any sort of consistent naming convention :o), and to know that they don't see a problem with that.

or maybe I'm just a bit OCD ;D

and thanks to whoever added the screenie to my original post

ewemoa:
I haven't finished reading the article yet, but I am finding some good bits along the way.

As an example, I think tip #34 on Settings touches on an area that I wish more applications would take into consideration.

Thanks for sharing this post  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version