ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: TaskDaddy Release

<< < (10/17) > >>

DeVamp:
Suggestion tho, is there a way to interpret date values such as "today", "tomorrow", "Monday", etc?  THAT would be cool!
-AzureToad (September 17, 2010, 10:16 AM)
--- End quote ---
+1

or maybe instead of #duedate, you also have a #+3, witch means 3 days from today.

or something similar. :-)

daddydave:
Thanks for the feedback and suggestions, AzureToad and DeVamp!

Now I can't remember if I documented it (I'm in the process of rewriting the help file), but if you begin a task subject (title)with the ! character, it makes it high priority and if you begin with the ? character, it makes it low priority.

I agree 100% on the #today, #tomorrow, #+3 idea. Remember the Milk does something like this, IIRC. The due dates get passed to Outlook as is, so I tested it just now hoping it would just work the same way Outlook does, unfortunately it doesn't. I will look into it. Thanks!

daddydave:
so you will not see a new version [of the help file] in the next release as of yet.-daddydave (September 10, 2010, 07:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Changed my mind. I will not make any dramatic changes yet, but I do want to make some slight structural improvements. I am no longer using KEL's CHM Creator, I am using chmProcessor which has some minor UI quirks (it is in alpha) but I am finding it almost too good to be true. You can write your help files as a Word DOC and it will compile them to a Windows helpfile, with hyperlinks intact. And it's free as in kittens and free as in open source.

daddydave:
I have uploaded a new version of TaskDaddy and I am calling it a pre-release. Here are the changes made:

* Fixed label wrapping bug.
* Fixed duplicate GUI window bug.
* "Skip" and "Cancel All" buttons added to the GUI window when confirming individual tasks in file input (using /f and /p).
* Blank lines now ignored when using file input.
* Help file completely reorganized and rewritten, some of the changes include (1) the command line interface de-emphasized; (2) removal of screenshots with old name LaserTask, including the examples of command line use within shortcuts; and (3) removal of version number from help file.
Mouser has generously provided hosting and a subdomain for TaskDaddy, which I am starting to do something with, finally. I just posted the helpfile in the HTML/Javascript for now, converted for the web by CHMDecoder. I don't much care for the navigation tree being invisible without Javascript, and it inherits a lot of Word artifacts from my new system of using Word documents to generate CHM files. chmProcessor has an option to output files for the web too, but overall I like the CHMDecoder look better.  I may end up doing something different like save the Word doc to HTML directly and try to tidy it up. Here is the link:

http://daddydave.dcmembers.com

mouser:
awesome. quick comment, you say:

Mouser has generously provided hosting and a subdomain
--- End quote ---

in times like these it's important to remember that the hosting is really provided for and paid for not by me, but by everyone who has donated and continues to donate to support the site.  it's because of the generosity of the DC community that we have hosting for the main site and the member server where we can host these kinds of things.  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version