ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: TaskDaddy Release

<< < (9/17) > >>

DeVamp:
Now this looks like a very nice program.

Quite easy in use.

I use rainlendar (http://www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php), witch makes a nice integration with outlook.
So I place Taskdaddy on the shortcut list, and can add in no time tasks to outlook and they appear in rainlendar.

GREAT! Gotta love technology and integration!

daddydave:
Glad you like it, DeVamp! There are a couple of interface bugs I need to fix (updated the known issues above just now).

daddydave:
I had not touched this project for a while (people in real life wonder why I waste time on it).

Good news (for those who don't wonder that), I should be able to post a new version with bug fixes shortly.

As I think I previously mentioned, in the version I haven't uploaded yet, I think I have fixed the display bug where the instruction to the user was invisible due to some unexpected wrapping and also the issue where it was displaying two GUI windows on top of each other.

Finally got around to implementing Skip and Cancel All for using file input mode in combination with GUI mode (-f -p or /f /p). I never cease to be amazed at how the tiniest change I make will never fail to break something else. Anyway, got all that settled, I think. However it was in testing the aforementioned "-f -p" mode (aka, the "prompt for each task in the file" mode) that I discovered a NEW bug, again involving two GUI windows on top of each other but happening only when being prompted for each task. Again this is an artifact of trying to use the same GUI for the normal interactive mode, and as a confirmation dialog for file input mode, which seems like a stupid idea now, but I'm sticking with it. But don't worry, I'll get this working soon and hopefully uploaded, so be on the lookout.

I was going to work on the helpfile, but how to do it is still percolating in my mind, so you will not see a new version in the next release as of yet. I'm leaning toward doing this eventually: a sticky note-ish window with usage examples and a link to "About Taskdaddy..." and a link to the helpfile (when I have one) and checkbox for "Don't show this again". I want to reorganize the helpfile so that it emphasizes "How do I...?" more.

daddydave:
Now this looks like a very nice program.

Quite easy in use.

I use rainlendar (http://www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php), witch makes a nice integration with outlook.
So I place Taskdaddy on the shortcut list, and can add in no time tasks to outlook and they appear in rainlendar.

GREAT! Gotta love technology and integration!
-DeVamp (August 31, 2010, 04:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think I properly thanked you for the kind words, so THANK YOU, DeVamp!

You bring up a good point on the technology integration, too, and my thinking was kind of along the same lines. My main motivation for this utility was to get tasks on my Windows Mobile PDA (Dell Axim X51V). There's no easier way to get tasks on a PDA than to put them in Outlook and let them automatically sync to the native tasks on the PDA. PDA platforms without native tasks are pretty much dead to me (Android and IPhone come to mind). But the two PDA's I have had in my lifetime (Palm Tungsten T3 and the Axim) both died of a bad digitizer and the Axim seems to have power problems as well, so I am trying to figure out what to do next. (I failed in replacing the Tungsten digitizer, which was my test for determining whether I was competent to replace the Axim digitizer). Maybe I should pick up a Palm PRE off of ebay. :o

AzureToad:
Cool app!  I created a shortcut ("td") and now quickly add tasks by typing
  td @category    Task title   :Task body    #duedate
in the run dialog box - slicker than snot!   ;D

Suggestion tho, is there a way to interpret date values such as "today", "tomorrow", "Monday", etc?  THAT would be cool!
Maybe a priority flag of ^H for High, ^L for Low?

I like it, so far no issues!
  WinXP SP3, Outlook 2007

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version