ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 :: Entry Ideas & Requests

<< < (3/8) > >>

justice:
I have an idea: a personal spending habit report tool.
Now that Wesabe is gone, I'm looking for an app where you can tag, catagorize and report on your spending and income using exported bank statements from online banking sites. So you import a series of bank statements, catagorize them and report so you see via graphs where your money goes and how spending habits have changed. It would be an app that would have a big market.

what was great about wesabe for me was that it recognised similar lines in bank statements so the second time you shop at shop x it would already catagorize that line for you.

kimajac:
I have been looking for a program that will float an-always-on-top icon showing the current active printer for the window in focus.  Most programs show the default printer.  That does not help if I have changed the active printer in Word, excel etc.  When print often I end up sending the doc to pdf or other destination.

The color of the printer icon can be set for each of the installed printers.  As the focus changes, the icon would change color and maybe have a small caption if the cursor hovers.  That way, at a glance I know which printer is active.  When the program cannot determine the active printer for a window, it would show a question mark. 

Thanks

superboyac:
How about a simple tool to hide the disconnected network icons in the system tray?  See this thread for the issue at hand:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=23792.0

Right now, most people disable the network that is not being used so the icon will disappear from the system tray.  But I don't like to do that, especially for laptops, because you do want to connect it with the wire occasionally.  Also, i just don't like the idea of disabling a device just because XP is too lame to simply hide it.

nkormanik:

Small program request:

Context menu item in Windows Explorer.

shortened name: "Move To Parent"

long name:  "Move Selected Items To Parent Directory"

In the old DOS days, it was easy to type in "move xyz.txt ..", or "move *.jpg .."

In Windows there is nothing similar.  And searching through Google turned up no simple program to accomplish this.

Can any of the gurus here do it?

Thanks,
Nicholas Kormanik

lanux128:

Small program request:

Context menu item in Windows Explorer.

shortened name: "Move To Parent"

long name:  "Move Selected Items To Parent Directory"

In the old DOS days, it was easy to type in "move xyz.txt ..", or "move *.jpg .."

In Windows there is nothing similar.  And searching through Google turned up no simple program to accomplish this.

Can any of the gurus here do it?

Thanks,
Nicholas Kormanik
-nkormanik (September 25, 2010, 02:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

this sounds like a coding snack.. what OS are you on?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version