ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 :: Entry Ideas & Requests

<< < (2/8) > >>

sgtevmckay:
I have a big one to tackle.

A proper sync and communication tool for Thunderbird/lightning!!!
As of now, be it that you have a smart phone, or a simple flip phone. All applications that I am aware of only sync and communicate with Outlook (Evil incarnate).

I envision, for many years now, a tool that will allow me to sync with my contacts and calendar utilizing Thunderbird/lightning.

Something easy and intuitive, and a third party tool

I would not have this tool care about what phone make or model it is, but communicate and transfer Calendar and contacts.
As easy as that sounds.....as far as I know; it has never been done.
Therefore there must be a hitch some where!?!!!

If I am way off, please someone point me in the right direction  :-[

Perry Mowbray:
Have you looked at SyncML?

I set up a trial account at Funambol and tested some of these with Open Contacts and managed to make a huge mess with my aggregated Google Contacts, ThunderBird Contacts and my Open Contact Contacts.  :-[

http://www.clipclip.org/clips/detail/10722/synchronize-outlook-google-calendar-gmail-with-funambol-scheduleworld is an interesting read too.

Funnily enough, I've dropped Open Contacts (it just didn't click with me), and I'm hoping that Cfx (that I'm doing for this years event) will satisfy my contacts needs.

But sync'ing it all together is the holy grail...  ;)

sgtevmckay:
Thanks so much, I will look into it  :Thmbsup:

A-Men about the Holy Grail, but I have faith, even one of King Arthur's knights returned with the knowledge of the grail
Hopefully we can have a knight that is as valiant and inventive to us this grail  :D :D :D

Never hurts to hope  ;)

I will have further ideas, when Markham gets his API going with Circle Dock, assuming that a sound API is still a possibility.
Will keep ya'll posted.

I am off to post another promo for the N.A.N.Y. Project....I do hope I can get folks to come through.
I have a vision of where this could be in a couple of years  :P

mouser:
I have another idea i'd like to work with someone on for NANY..

This one is a windows-specific application, a kind of simple framework for providing a very simple kiosk-like interface for browsing and switching between different full screen applications that are treated like plugins.

The basic idea is to provide a user interface for a wall-mounted touchscreen lcd picture frame like computer.  Users will be able to configure and switch between fullscreen "modules" easily.

These "modules" are just normal fullscreen applications, screensavers, or webpages -- so we're not talking writing some whole new complicated system.  But there will be a fair amount of work making a nice looking interface for selecting modules, and making a neat little API that applications can use to make themselves available to the program, and i expect there will be a few cases where some tricky windows API stuff is needed to get this kiosk overseer application to behave elegantly and ensure that all launched processes feel and behave like proper kiosk applications (i.e. like a screensaver and suitable for display in a picture frame).

sgtevmckay:
Greetings folks.

Many of you will not know that I have been in negotiations with Dexpot Virtual Desktop Manager for Collaborative efforts with Rainmeter and Circle Dock.
A couple of weeks ago Sebastian and Patrick (Dexpot Programmers) agreed they would release a Universal SDK that could be built upon for Dexpot.
This week they delivered.  :Thmbsup:

For any one using Virtual Desktops, like I am, as I am monitored challenged on my craptop, Then this information may make for several great N.A.N.Y. Projects.

There is no current Documentation, but there is the base code and an example plugin build.

If you would like more information regarding Dexpot or the new Dexpot SDK for plugins check out the following:
Dexpot Home Page:
http://dexpot.de/index.php?id=home

What information is currently available for the new SDK:
http://dexpot.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2554

Do I have any suggestions for a plugin?
No.

I just offer this up as a project possibility for this years NANY Project, and to help the folks at Dexpot with getting the word out on the SDK

Have fun folks  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version