ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARRFox plugin problem with Opera and Firefox Bookmarks

(1/3) > >>

jnulu:
Hello!

Am using the latest FARR v 2.87.03
Running Windows XP Pro + SP3
Browsers - Opera v10.53, Firefox v 3.63 and IE 7
Problem - FARRFox plugin searches and shows results of IE bookmarks only
and not the other two browser bookmarks.

Is there any setting to be done in the preferences?
Grateful for any help!

lanux128:
for Firefox 3 and above, there is an extra step to make the plugin work. check out the reference below.

In firefox 3 -- the new default method of storing bookmarks is incompatible with the way FarrFox searches bookmarks.
If you still want to use FarrFox you can do so by following the short instructions here on telling Firefox 3 to keep the bookmarks html file updated regularly:
http://www.lytebyte.com/2008/06/19/how-to-auto-export-firefox-3-bookmarks-to-bookmarkshtml/

After making the change on that page i had to exit firefox and give it a minute to update the bookmarks file -- after that all worked fine.
-mouser (September 09, 2009, 09:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

jnulu:
Thanks, Lanux128!
The plugin now fetches Firefox bookmarks.

How about Opera bookmarks? Is there a work around for this too?

Also, how do I configure FARR to fetch bookmarks from different browsers that is installed on my PC?
Lets' say I have bookmarks 1 thru 10 on Firefox, 11 thru 20 on Opera and 21 thru 30 on Internet Explorer.
Will FARR fetch bookmark no. 18 from Opera if I type Bookmark no. 18 in the search field?

Thanks

lanux128:
How about Opera bookmarks? Is there a work around for this too?-jnulu (May 12, 2010, 11:03 PM)
--- End quote ---
you're welcome.. i'm not sure about Opera, have you checked all the boxes in the 'advanced options' section?

FarrFox advanced option

Also, how do I configure FARR to fetch bookmarks from different browsers that is installed on my PC?
Lets' say I have bookmarks 1 thru 10 on Firefox, 11 thru 20 on Opera and 21 thru 30 on Internet Explorer.
Will FARR fetch bookmark no. 18 from Opera if I type Bookmark no. 18 in the search field?-jnulu (May 12, 2010, 11:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

yes, it would. check out the this image where FarrFox shows results from Opera and IE.

jnulu:
Hi!

All the three check boxes in advanced options section of FARRFox have been checked, but am still having issues
bringing up search results from Opera's bookmarks.
As mentioned , I have no problems now with Firefox and IE bookmarks.
Thanks again, Lanux128

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version