ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Programmer Libs

MwImporter php script - Batch import html site into MediaWiki - v2.0 - 5/26/10

<< < (3/4) > >>

steppin:
Hi mouser - I'm interested in running your "batch html site into MediaWiki" script on my web server, but I am running into difficulties. In August you suggested to RayOfLight that he'd be better off running it on his home computer. Is there a technical reason why this script would not run on a commercially hosted web server (Yahoo, in my case)? When I attempt to run it, it seems unable to find the necessary MW files, specifically commandLine.inc in the /maintenance directory, even though the mwdir variable is pointed directly to the right place. Is there something obvious I'm missing about why precisely doing this on a web server is not going to be possible? Thanks in advance for your thoughts; would love to get this working for converting a bunch of my genealogy web pages.

mouser:
if your web server lets you run the php files from a commandline then it should work.
you say it can "find" the necesary MW files.. can you clarify if you are sure it can't fine them.. or if maybe the host is not letting them run?

steppin:
Hi Mouser - thanks for the reply. Let me rephrase my initial question. Is it possible to modify this script so that I do not need to use the commandline to do so? My web service provider does not (as far as I can tell) allow commandline access. So I want to run it just from clicking on the script or pointing to the url where the script is found. I've been trying to modify where the script gets the information it needs, so that it does not need any input from the commandline's initial command. But maybe there's some obvious reason I'm missing that just makes this impossible. The exact error message I received was: FATAL ERROR: Could not find mediawiki file (please specify -mwdir= option): http://www.MYHOST.net/development/maintenance/commandLine.inc. But that URL is accurately where that file is stored. Thanks for any thoughts.

mouser:
Is it possible to modify this script so that I do not need to use the commandline to do so? My web service provider does not (as far as I can tell) allow commandline access. So I want to run it just from clicking on the script or pointing to the url where the script is found.
--- End quote ---

i think you are onto the problem.. and your question is the right one..

it's been a while since i worked on mwimporter but my memory is that 1) i always intended to make it so you could do this 2) at some point i realized it wasn't going to be so simple to it.  but i can't remember if #2 is really true or why i have the vague memory of thinking it was going to be tricky.  it seems like it should be doable.

JavaJones:
I'd like to have a non-commandline version of this available at some point. Perhaps after UQ mouser? :D

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version