ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Email change notification solution?

(1/2) > >>

kartal:
Hi
I am going to change my email address and I was wondering what would be the best method or tool to notify my friends and interested parties to notify? This is a personal paid hosted email account so I am not using web based stuff. I am also using thunderbird.

I do not want to send one mass email to everyone I know, I want to subdivide them in groups then send seperate emails.

Definetely I can do copy paste, group people from contact list etc. I am just wondering if there are more elegant methods out there, in case I change some of my other email adresses as well

thanks

parkint:
What I have done (in the past) is to modify my signature line as soon as I know my new email address.
Then, over time, as I communicate with people they get the update.
Honestly, if anyone is 'left behind', it is because they are not in my current circle of communication.

My 2 cents (I expect change back).

lanux128:
you can use thunderbird's distribution list.

• http://math.arizona.edu/support/email/aliases/thunderbird.html

kartal:
lanux128

Thanks for the link. It looks like somehting that is usable except that I see that when I send an email all the recipients email adresses are shown in the list. I am porbavly looking for some kind of hiding method, so the list is private.

nogojoe:
lanux128

Thanks for the link. It looks like somehting that is usable except that I see that when I send an email all the recipients email adresses are shown in the list. I am porbavly looking for some kind of hiding method, so the list is private.
-kartal (May 11, 2010, 09:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Use the Blind CC option        enter ie name of the group   Examplegroup<your own email address>into the email address line .

(include the <  > as shown above)

Skip the cc  line

enter the emails of that group you wish to send to under the Blind CC line

All each person in that group will see is Examplegroup<your own email address>

do that for each group renaming the Examplegroup to the corresponding group of people

What you are doing here is sending an email to yourself and the Blind CC will cover sending to each individual in that group without anybody seeing the other email addresses

Remember to put a comma between each email address and have no spaces.

Hope that helps

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version