topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:01 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: sike 1.0 - send file(s) to recycle bin via command line  (Read 18080 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: sike 1.0 - send file(s) to recycle bin via command line
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2010, 06:40 PM »
The cmd /u? I didn't have to do anything special.

I don't know man. I just followed the instructions on the page and it seems to work. I didn't try all the permutations.  I'm not on a non English system, so I'm probably not the guy to test it.

daddydave

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • test
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2010, 06:59 PM »
If I use just about any text editor to open up the batch file I created in DOS, it thinks it's ANSI and garbles it.
Screenshot - 6_11_2010 , 7_58_33 PM.png
 So ummm, I guess it is ANSI, so never mind!  :-[

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2010, 09:21 PM »
Trouble is to test something you really need the platform. I don't really have the space to keep a guinea pig machine in the corner.  As it is I have 2 PCs with an old kvma switch with PS/2 mouse, keyboard and CRT monitor.  The paint is worn off the HP wheel mouse where the index finger clicks. I can see inside the thing.  But, hey, it still works. :)

I finally changed the settings in Windows so I can launch without double clicking.  Save a bit of wear and tear on my index finger.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2010, 09:25 PM »
If I use just about any text editor to open up the batch file I created in DOS, it thinks it's ANSI and garbles it. (see attachment in previous post) So ummm, I guess it is ANSI, so never mind!  :-[

I still think there has to be a command prompt out there that automatically adjusts for unicode and code page or however it works.  otoh in Linux you can get all kinds of free GUI based console shells for free.  Seems like on Windows if they stick a menu on top of the window frame they want $30 for it.  So a self-adjusting freebie may not be out there.

Somebody that's big into parsing maybe that would be a good coding snack. :)

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2010, 10:05 PM »
Okay this might sound insane...but I do think it a language issue. (Bear with me)

I've been fighting with some .asp stuff and ran across an article (that I now can't find) that described simular character substitutions issues (as described above) during string compare operations when there was a language cross between A & B. I recognize some of the characters that swapped in majoMO's from the article.

May be check/validate the code-page used, or look into some of the runtime localization APIs.

Just thinking out loud here...I could be way off.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2010, 01:37 AM »
My impression at this point is that AutoIt3 does unicode, but cmd.exe does not.  However I can't really go to great lengths to test it. I'm not going to install a different version of Windows, for example.  But if someone with a non English version of Windows wants to mess around and see if we can find out the fix, that's fine.  As it is now I've added a link to the unicode info page I found on the web how to set cmd.exe prompt, to the Readme.

I have a shortcut on my desktop that I set up following those instructions but I don't think it will tell me anything since I'm on an English version of Windows anyway.  Someone else needs to run the trials.

edit: The basic theme of my site since it went all donationware is it's software I wrote for my own use, that others may use at their own risk. (I think in all or most of the Readme files I have a note to that effect.)  Obviously I don't have a testing department.  If there's a bug or some other issue I think I can fix with a reasonable effort then I'll try to find a work-around or solution. But there's no promise of support.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 01:09 PM by MilesAhead »