ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

sike 1.0 - send file(s) to recycle bin via command line

<< < (5/7) > >>

MilesAhead:
The funny thing is the whole program is only 20 lines of code.  To get it to work with non English environment will probably end up being 80 screens. :)

daddydave:
So the reason it gives me no problem in Windows 7 x64 is that I have a U.S. version?

Screenshot posted for your amusement. Yes, I still use the old COPY CON and Ctrl-Z method sometimes. :)

MilesAhead:
When I follow the instructions on that Unicode page I posted, making a cmd prompt using Lucinda font etc... it works on the command line.  At least with the mçfilè.txt file by itself at any rate.

edit: the prompt seems to be persistent... keeping the code page setting (I assume, since the thing seems to work.. sends the file to the bin) it may be worth just making a prompt for stuff where you will use non English characters.  There must be a freebie someplace where all this is automatic. I can't believe we're the first to run into it.

MilesAhead:
So the reason it gives me no problem in Windows 7 x64 is that I have a U.S. version?
 (see attachment in previous post)
Screenshot posted for your amusement. Yes, I still use the old COPY CON and Ctrl-Z method sometimes. :)
-daddydave (June 11, 2010, 06:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

See my previous post.

daddydave:
The cmd /u? I didn't have to do anything special for it to work both on the command line or a batch file. What region is your version of Windows?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version