ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

sike 1.0 - send file(s) to recycle bin via command line

<< < (4/7) > >>

majoMO:
Sorry but seems that I don't understand (the boxes that comes out are in screenshots).   ::)

What I do is (in .bat):
TestCmdLine.exe sike.exe "mçfilè.txt"

Output:
-[0]|2
-[1]|sike.exe
-[2]|mþfilÞ.txt

In start > run > cmd :
TestCmdLine.exe sike.exe "mçfilè.txt"

Output:
-[0]|2
-[1]|sike.exe
-[2]|mçfilè.txt

If this isn't what I should to do please give me an example (english isn't my native language....).   :stars:

MilesAhead:
If daddydave and the guys at AutoIt3 forum are right and the issue is the command prompt, maybe this page will be more helpful:

http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/Unicode.html

Supposedly it fixes up the command prompt to deal with UTF-8.

edit: I've been looking around for a freeware command shell for Windows with unicode support but so far I haven't found anything.

majoMO:
It seems that the problem is with OEM encoding (and DOS...).

This info could be useful: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1259084/what-encoding-code-page-is-cmd-exe-using

daddydave:
If daddydave and the guys at AutoIt3 forum are right
-MilesAhead (June 11, 2010, 05:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know enough about the subject to have an opinion but it interests me and I'm glad you're digging into it.  I'm thinking this probably impacts the command line mode of my NANY 2011 project as well.

What if the command is launched from FARR and the command line args go there?

MilesAhead:
If daddydave and the guys at AutoIt3 forum are right
-MilesAhead (June 11, 2010, 05:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know enough about the subject to have an opinion but it interests me and I'm glad you're digging into it.  I'm thinking this probably impacts the command line mode of my NANY 2011 project as well.

What if the command is launched from FARR and the command line args go there?
-daddydave (June 11, 2010, 06:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

majoMO's TestCmdLine example seems to work fine from FARR.
edit: well, the filename looks like it should. I just pasted from the page here.
But I get some sort of transparent window that disappears only when I close FARR.
Who knows?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version