ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows shortcut hotkeys broken?

<< < (2/2)

lanux128:
If you make a shortcut, then click on Properties, you get a window with several tabs.  The Shortcut tab lets you set a "Shortcut key" hotkey to activate the program.

These hotkeys don't work for me.-rjbull (May 23, 2010, 04:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

on my PC, they only work if the shortcuts are on the desktop by itself. even if it's inside a folder on the desktop won't work..

sajman99:
Regarding a possible Online Armor issue- try adding Hoekey, PopSel, and any other hotkey related apps to the Exclusions Tab (under Options). Then those specific apps should have a free pass without interference from OA's Program Guard/HIPs.

rjbull:
Well, I'm glad it's not just me!  :o  Thanks for the moral support  ;)

@lanux128:  I think I've seen that behaviour, but even with a shortcut to something on the desktop, it seemed slow, so I abandoned native Windows hotkeys in favour of Hoekey.

@sajman99:  I'm using O-A 4.0.0.15.  Both Hoekey and PopSel were Allowed under Configuration > Programs.  You mean, put them in tab Options > Exclusions?  I'll try that; thanks, sounds like it should help.

sajman99:
Yep, the Options/Exclusions section of OA is what I meant. Sorry I haven't responded before now, but I've been computer-less for the last few weeks (ie. failed power supply).

Hope your issues were resolved or at least minimized so that you can continue to use your preferred hotkey apps.

rjbull:
Yep, the Options/Exclusions section of OA is what I meant. Sorry I haven't responded before now, but I've been computer-less for the last few weeks (ie. failed power supply).

Hope your issues were resolved or at least minimized so that you can continue to use your preferred hotkey apps.
-sajman99 (June 11, 2010, 03:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure how much difference it's really made, but it can't hurt.  My system seems so slow anyway, probably because of all the security stuff, updates and so on.  It's just driven me round the bend by downloading a huge Windows update and insisting on a compulsory reboot, without allowing me to postpone it - just when I was doing a large music download from the Music on Demand department of the Minnesota Orchestra.  I've had to request a new download link.  Microsoft know how to enrage their customers.

Hope your PSU problems are solved now...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version