ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Farewell to Frank Frazetta 1928-2010

<< < (2/3) > >>

Innuendo:
Aw, crap. Another good one gone.

Renegade:
The Death Dealer -- The Cimmerian -- the Silver Warrior -- So many iconic paintings that I grew up with. I know he was a massive influence for so many other artists.

I have one of his art books that was given to me by a friend. I've carted that book around with me all over god's green earth.

Well, that is the passing of a true art hero.

TomD101:
He was the best Fantasy Artist ever.

I know, Vallejo, Rowena and all the "new" airbrush artists are great, too, but no one gave you this feeling of ... life in his pictures. I collected his German artbooks during the 70ies and grew up with all those fantasy books that bore HIS covers and of course some longplay records (those big, black discs with sequential playing through a needle).

I never read his comics, I am not THAT old, but saw some sample pages on his website. He simply was well versed in the different arts and thus a true artist of his time. Remember Barks, who did comics AND oil paintings.

He will be missed.

Thomas
Berlin, Germany

wraith808:
Fire & Ice.  The life wasn't given to that movie by the animators, but by Frazetta's characters and works.

superboyac:
Dang...he was awesome.  I wish I could draw like him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version