ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Auto save any data from any (running) program at regular intervals.

<< < (2/3) > >>

MilesAhead:
afa the macro angle goes, no matter which program you use it's going to take a bunch of configuration to tell it what keys or mouse clicks to use on what window titles etc..  Might as well just use a general purpose macro freebie.

I'd check Softpedia
Download.com
Snapfiles
etc.

Don't see a reason to reinvent the wheel.  This one's been done a bunch.

JavaJones:
Altiris appears to be part of Symantec now, and I'm not sure the same product name exists anymore. Do you know what it would be called now?

- Oshyan

Zombo:
Wow! :o I started something here! I am now way a coder, I wish I was. I understand most of what has been said so far, but still no closer to the holy grail. I guess most programs use the "ctrl + s" as a quick save. Could a small program do this automatically. It will save over the last save which is OK, but progressive saves would be better. I bow to the superior intelligence in DN land.  ;)

rjbull:
Like I said in my earlier post, Helmet, now reinstated at JimmyTheFork.com:
Helmet          
   Clicks the save button on any program.

Written during a time my computer was unstable, this program has helped my dozens of times from losing work.    

--- End quote ---
Otherwise, you'd need something like an AHK script to send Ctrl-S at regular intervals to a list of specified programs.

MilesAhead:
See if this one fits your needs:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/Other-Office-Tools/Saver.shtml

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version