ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

"GoogleSharing" FF plugin for anonymity

(1/1)

Lutz_:
We had several threads here lately dealing in one way or another with the power of Google and the potential misuse of their gigantic data collection.
I just came across a Firefox plugin which promises to provide more anonymity for web searches: GoogleSharing .

GoogleSharing is a system that mixes the requests of many different users together, such that Google is not capable of telling what is coming from whom. GoogleSharing aims to do a few very specific things:

1. Provide a system that will prevent Google from collecting information about you from services which don't require a login.
   2. Make this system completely transparent to the user. No special websites, no change to your work flow.
   3. Leave your non-Google traffic completely untouched, unredirected, and unaffected.

--- End quote ---

GoogleSharing seems to work fine for me so far, although I got once directed to the Spanish language Google site.  Generally, I am now using Cuil and Duck Duck Go for web searches and Google and Bing only for shopping "advice" - thanks to some recent discussions here.

MilesAhead:
Has anyone heard anything about AltaVista tracking?  Seems like they've been flying under the radar forever.  I have it set as my default search.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version