ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SRWare Iron 5.0.380 beta browser

<< < (7/13) > >>

MilesAhead:
I think Adblock.ini is an Iron only thing.. if that's what you mean. At least every search hit I got on the web how to use it said Iron.  So far Adblock Lite seems to work and it's a no brainer to configure.  The place in the page where the ad would be is just blank rather than a box with a red x... doesn't seem to distort the page.  So far so good.

I really like ClickCutter AutoCopy in Firefox, at least as to how it functioned.  But the nag tool tip really got on my nerves. I had to put the original AutoCopy back on.  Every time I started Firefox I got the popup asking me to buy ClickCutter.  Sheesh!!

lanux128:
every time when i close the last tab in Iron, the whole program closes. i understand that this behaviour is carried over from Chrome but there should be a fix for this by now.

MilesAhead:
every time when i close the last tab in Iron, the whole program closes. i understand that this behaviour is carried over from Chrome but there should be a fix for this by now.
-lanux128 (May 15, 2010, 05:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, that is annoying.

Right now I'm running 6.0.401.1 dev version of Chrome.  Don't really see any difference and I'm not sure what the new features are supposed to be unless it's plugins.  Seems a tad snappier, but it seems like any time you install a new browser version stuff snaps open the first couple of days.  So far it seems stable.  Guess I have to see what the plugin deal is about.

MilesAhead:
Supposedly this "run once" utility will strip the unique ID out of your Chrome install.  The link to it is on on Chrome forums extensions:

http://www.abelssoft.net/unchrome.php

I just ran it and nothing exploded is all I can say so far. :)

sajman99:
Hmmm...looks like 5.0.380 is now out of beta?

Well, time to check out the portable version and see if there are any noticeable improvements. Hope the annoying mouse issue has been addressed (or at least I'm lucky enough to work around it).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version