ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SRWare Iron 5.0.380 beta browser

<< < (6/13) > >>

sajman99:
@lanux128:
Some folks have reported that upgrading the Logitech mouse driver solved their Chrome/Iron issue:

http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1115&p=3545
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=278a80df4dc46579&hl=en

Thankfully, in my case I didn't have to go that route.

lanux128:
Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure what change I made to "fix" the mouse issue. Strange as I know this is gonna sound--try running Iron in Sandboxie to see if there's any change in mouse function. All I know is it worked for me.
-sajman99 (May 10, 2010, 02:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

@sajman99: thanks for the tips and links. glad to know that there are possible solutions. actually i gave up on logitech drivers long ago and currently am using generic drivers. so i might check out Sandboxie 'fix' if my fiddling with the settings doesn't pan out. btw, i'm using the Smooth Scroll extension as well.

MilesAhead:
Aaarrrggghhh!!! Ok, stone me.  Put me in the stocks and throw tomatoes.. but I couldn't take it anymore!! Installed Google Chrome Beta so I could use LastPass.  Running Firefox just to sync passwords is crazy!! :)

It took me a few minutes fooling around to get multiple accounts on the same site to work, but at least it does. Not as smooth as Secure Login Firefox AddOn but at least it works. :)

edit: the other thing I notice is Chrome 5 Beta seems to load the pages a bit smoother.  Not as bad a ripple effect when loading a long page.

MilesAhead:
btw Adblock.ini doesn't work for chrome but Adblock Lite seems pretty cool. Install the hit the "update default filters" button and you're good to go.  The other thing I notice is AutoCopy extension seems a lot more accurate.  In Iron I had to keep guessing where the start dragging the mouse cursor to select text for copy.

lanux128:
coming from firefox where one has a variety of configuration options, i wonder if Iron has an about:config equivalent?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version