ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Need ADH Advice

<< < (5/7) > >>

Kruskal:
What would happen if one instance of the EXE was in its delay when I make the second call to clear the tooltip? If the answer is to my liking, I could make the delay 5 hours, or so, and essentially get the behavior I want.-Kruskal (May 07, 2010, 12:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

as it stands subsequent calls will kill the existing instance - to change that amend the opening line to

#singleinstance, off

the only issue here is deciding what tooltip belongs to what call - plus you'll end up with XX instances of the script running concurrently (which may or may not be an issue)

[clip]

-Target (May 07, 2010, 12:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think the multiple instances is an issue, especially if I reduce the ridiculous 5 hour example.

But the other question is a worry. Are you saying that there can (or may be) two tooltips at once? If it's not a single instance thing, that would certainly kill my idea.

Thanks -- Vincent
-Kruskal (May 07, 2010, 01:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

What a minute-- if the second call kills the first, that is perfect. It will kill the delay (and tooltip window) and, by using the INI thing, otherwise be a nop.

Vincent

skwire:
Try this:  http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/snacks/Kruskal.zip

It's very basic right now but things could be easily added to it.  It's set to kill any existing instance but this can easily be changed to allow multiple instances.

Kruskal:
Try this:  http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/snacks/Kruskal.zip

It's very basic right now but things could be easily added to it.  It's set to kill any existing instance but this can easily be changed to allow multiple instances.
-skwire (May 07, 2010, 02:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's fantastic.

I changed it to permit multiple instances. But that raised the issue of where the info window should go. It would be better to put it at the cursor position in the multiple info window case so that the two window don't go on top of each other.

I boldly tried to do that by changing these two lines:

Gui, Add, Button, x%x% y%y% w20  h20 Default Hide vmyButton gGuiClose, Exit
Gui, Add, Edit  , x%x% y%y% w400 h20 ReadOnly                        , % Path
                       ||||||||||||||||

But that just created randomly sized info windows. How should I do it?

Many thanks -- Vincent

skwire:
How should I do it?-Kruskal (May 07, 2010, 12:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

You had the right idea...just use the Gui, Show line.

--- Code: AutoIt ---; Use...Gui, Show, % "x " . x . " y " . y, Kruskal ; I prefer this method which uses a forced expression.; Or...Gui, Show, x%x% y%y%, Kruskal ; When you're first learning AHK, this method probably seems easier.

Kruskal:
How should I do it?-Kruskal (May 07, 2010, 12:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

You had the right idea...just use the Gui, Show line.

--- Code: AutoIt ---; Use...Gui, Show, % "x " . x . " y " . y, Kruskal ; I prefer this method which uses a forced expression.; Or...Gui, Show, x%x% y%y%, Kruskal ; When you're first learning AHK, this method probably seems easier.-skwire (May 07, 2010, 06:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Perfect!  You guys are great.

Just a small matter of curiosity: Why does the cursor move from the upper-left corner of where the info window now appears to the middle of its header bar?

Thanks -- Vincent

I have the answer. The missing statement that prevented the behavior I expected was:

CoordMode Mouse, Screen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version