ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Need ADH Advice

<< < (4/7) > >>

Kruskal:
further to skwires explanation here's an example that writes to an ini file, but as he says, as soon as the exe...umm... exits, any windows or values are lost

[clip]

and the only reason this one works is because there's a short delay at the end to display the tooltip...

seems like the original solution might still be the best one for your situation

just out of curiosity is there any reason why you couldn't translate the script into powerpro?  I suspect this may alleviate a lot of the issues you're experiencing (don't ask me, I don't know the language, but my feeling is that it shouldn't be that hard to do... hehe, famous last words...)  
-Target (May 07, 2010, 12:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

What would happen if one instance of the EXE was in its delay when I make the second call to clear the tooltip? If the answer is to my liking, I could make the delay 5 hours, or so, and essentially get the behavior I want.

My reason not to write a PowerPro script is that I understand THAT even less than my deplorable knowledge of AHK.  Also, I'd probably run into the same problem.  And also, I think tooltip is an AHK facility, no?

Thanks -- Vincent

Kruskal:
That's a disappointment.  So there is no solution consistent with my preferences?-Kruskal (May 07, 2010, 12:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

I could make it display a small GUI window instead of using a tooltip.  This way, you could move it out of the way, leave it open as long as necessary, and close it when you're done.  Your thoughts?
-skwire (May 07, 2010, 12:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
If I knew how to do it it would be great. Even better than what I am used to -- closing a window is more natural that hotkeying a second time. AND I could even have two GUI windows up at the same time.

Thanks -- Vincent

Target:
What would happen if one instance of the EXE was in its delay when I make the second call to clear the tooltip? If the answer is to my liking, I could make the delay 5 hours, or so, and essentially get the behavior I want.-Kruskal (May 07, 2010, 12:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

as it stands subsequent calls will kill the existing instance - to change that amend the opening line to

#singleinstance, off

the only issue here is deciding what tooltip belongs to what call - plus you'll end up with XX instances of the script running concurrently (which may or may not be an issue)

My reason not to write a PowerPro script is that I understand THAT even less than my deplorable knowledge of AHK.  Also, I'd probably run into the same problem.  And also, I think tooltip is an AHK facility, no?
--- End quote ---

I'm with you - I used to run Powerpro strictly as a custom launchbar, and I thought the language looked quite powerful (this seems to be the popular view) but I never was able to get into it.

It is probably safe however to assume that powerpro has an equivalent to the tooltip functionality

skwire:
If I knew how to do it it would be great. Even better than what I am used to -- closing a window is more natural that hotkeying a second time.-Kruskal (May 07, 2010, 12:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'd be more than happy to write this up for you.  Give me a few minutes.

Kruskal:
What would happen if one instance of the EXE was in its delay when I make the second call to clear the tooltip? If the answer is to my liking, I could make the delay 5 hours, or so, and essentially get the behavior I want.-Kruskal (May 07, 2010, 12:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

as it stands subsequent calls will kill the existing instance - to change that amend the opening line to

#singleinstance, off

the only issue here is deciding what tooltip belongs to what call - plus you'll end up with XX instances of the script running concurrently (which may or may not be an issue)

[clip]

-Target (May 07, 2010, 12:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think the multiple instances is an issue, especially if I reduce the ridiculous 5 hour example.

But the other question is a worry. Are you saying that there can (or may be) two tooltips at once? If it's not a single instance thing, that would certainly kill my idea.

Thanks -- Vincent

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version