ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Need ADH Advice

<< < (2/7) > >>

Kruskal:
I tried to modify it to be a simple program-Kruskal (May 06, 2010, 08:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
What was your expectation after doing this?
-skwire (May 06, 2010, 10:26 PM)
--- End quote ---
I expected that using PowerPro to support the hotkey to call the simple program would behave the same as it had with the AHK hotkey.

Thanks -- Vincent

skwire:
I expected that using PowerPro to support the hotkey to call the simple program would behave the same as it had with the AHK hotkey.-Kruskal (May 06, 2010, 11:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

What you want can easily be done with a simple INI settings file to save the toggle setting between application runs.  Give me a minute.

Kruskal:
the reason it's not working for you without the hotkey (and I'm assuming you're compiling it) is that it resets the flag every time and the code that clears the tooltip is never called
-Target (May 06, 2010, 10:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'd like to understand how variables, such as tooltipflag work, such that it keeps its value over two AHK calls but not over two calls from PowerPro.

What is the significance of your (true) assumption that I compiled the code?  Would it work as I wanted if I didn't compile it?

Thanks -- Vincent

skwire:
Actually...if you change it into an executable, the tooltip will disappear almost immediately after starting the script because the script exits immediately.  This app could be made to show the tooltip, say, for five seconds and then exit thus making the tooltip disappear on its own.  In other words:

1) Run you hotkey to start the app.
2) App displays tooltip for user-specified length of time.
3) App exits and tooltip disappears.  There would be no need to run the hotkey a second time to make the tooltip disappear.

Would that work for you?

Kruskal:
Actually...if you change it into an executable, the tooltip will disappear almost immediately after starting the script because the script exits immediately.  This app could be made to show the tooltip, say, for five seconds and then exit thus making the tooltip disappear on its own.  In other words:

1) Run you hotkey to start the app.
2) App displays tooltip for user-specified length of time.
3) App exits and tooltip disappears.  There would be no need to run the hotkey a second time to make the tooltip disappear.

Would that work for you?
-skwire (May 06, 2010, 11:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'm not at my main computer right now, but I'm pretty sure that you are wrong. The little window showing the window owning program stays displayed after the program exits (as I recall).

I could live with the timeout, but I really don't prefer it. I frequently have to do a lot of stuff based on the information and I'd have to write it down.

What happened to the INI solution? I was looking forward to details.

Thanks -- Vincent

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version