ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Need ADH Advice

(1/7) > >>

Kruskal:
You, Skrommel, were kind enough to write a AHK program for me to provide a hotkey to display a little window showing what program owns the window under the cursor. When pushed a second time, the little window goes away. I use it all the time. (Program at end).

I tried to modify it to be a simple program, rather than a hotkey by removing this line:

!^w::

It sort of works, but the feature of the second call clearing the little window is gone. I don't know the AHK script language at all.  Any idea what I did wrong.

Thanks -- Vincent

PS I wonder why you haven't made this one of your publicly available (or did I miss it). I find it invaluable.

--- Code: AutoIt ---;AutoHotkeys.ahk;Vincent Kruskal's Hotkeys;Skrommel @ 2007;Kruskal  @ 2007 #SingleInstance,Force#NoEnv !^w::  If ToolTipFlag=    {      MouseGetPos,x,y,winid,ctrlid      WinGet,pid,Pid,ahk_id %winid%      path:=GetModuleFileNameEx(pid)      ToolTip,%path%      ToolTipFlag = 1    }  Else    {      ToolTip,      ToolTipFlag =    }  Return #q::  SoundPlay,C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Sound Effects\silence.wav  Return   GetModuleFileNameEx(p_pid) ;by shimanov at www.autohotkey {    If A_OSVersion in WIN_95,WIN_98,WIN_ME    {     WinGet,name,ProcessName,ahk_id %p_pid%     Return,name   }   h_process:=DllCall("OpenProcess","uint",0x10|0x400,"int",false,"uint",p_pid) ;  PROCESS_VM_READ=0x0010  PROCESS_QUERY_INFORMATION=0x0400   If (ErrorLevel or h_process=0)       Return    name_size=255   VarSetCapacity(name,name_size)      result:=DllCall("psapi.dll\GetModuleFileNameExA","uint",h_process,"uint",0,"str",name,"uint",name_size)    DllCall("CloseHandle",h_process)    Return,name }
Edit by Skwire: Added code tags.

Target:
if you remove the hotkey, how do you fire the script off?

i think the answer is to use a delay then to destroy the tooltip (but the above still applies...) 

note that the code is untested, but I've just omitted the unnecessary lines so it should work as is

--- ---;AutoHotkeys.ahk
;Vincent Kruskal's Hotkeys
;Skrommel @ 2007
;Kruskal  @ 2007

#SingleInstance,Force
#NoEnv

!^w::

MouseGetPos,x,y,winid,ctrlid
WinGet,pid,Pid,ahk_id %winid%
path:=GetModuleFileNameEx(pid)
ToolTip,%path%

Sleep, 2500 ;this introduces a delay (in milliseconds).  Change the value to whatever suits

ToolTip,

Return

#q::
  SoundPlay,C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Sound Effects\silence.wav
  Return

GetModuleFileNameEx(p_pid) ;by shimanov at www.autohotkey
{
   If A_OSVersion in WIN_95,WIN_98,WIN_ME
   {
     WinGet,name,ProcessName,ahk_id %p_pid%
     Return,name
   }
   h_process:=DllCall("OpenProcess","uint",0x10|0x400,"int",false,"uint",p_pid) ;  PROCESS_VM_READ=0x0010  PROCESS_QUERY_INFORMATION=0x0400
   If (ErrorLevel or h_process=0)
      Return
   name_size=255
   VarSetCapacity(name,name_size)   
   result:=DllCall("psapi.dll\GetModuleFileNameExA","uint",h_process,"uint",0,"str",name,"uint",name_size)
   DllCall("CloseHandle",h_process)
   Return,name
}

Kruskal:
if you remove the hotkey, how do you fire the script off?

i think the answer is to use a delay then to destroy the tooltip (but the above still applies...) 

note that the code is untested, but I've just omitted the unnecessary lines so it should work as is

[snip] -Target (May 06, 2010, 08:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

I use PowerPro to issue the EXE compiled from the AHK code. I've been having trouble with some timing problem which reorders my keystrokes when the computer is stressed. I thought switching to just one key grabber might fix it.

I can see how the delay would work and it might be OK. But I really prefer the previous behavior. How did the original work wrt making the little window disappear everyother use?

Thanks -- Vincent

skwire:
I tried to modify it to be a simple program-Kruskal (May 06, 2010, 08:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

What was your expectation after doing this?

How did the original work wrt making the little window disappear everyother use?-Kruskal (May 06, 2010, 09:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

It uses the "ToolTipFlag" variable as a toggle to determine whether to display the display the tooltip or cause it to disappear.

Target:
the conditional IF statement determines what happens depending on the value of the tooltipflag variable - IF the variable contains a value, show the tooltip and , ELSE clear the tooltip

the reason it's not working for you without the hotkey (and I'm assuming you're compiling it) is that it resets the flag every time and the code that clears the tooltip is never called

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version