ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: folder type templater

(1/1)

RealRaven:
One thing that I have to keep doing in Windows explorer is to select different columns in detail view depending on content (with audio files, this is usually track, title, duration, album name, artist, year, genre - also have to remove type and size; with images it might be dimensions etc.) this is a really repetitive task, an I always wished there was a utility to quickly select from a template or copy the settings from another folder.

The option properties / customize / folder type template doesn't always give me what I want and it usually does not end up in Detail view. Also it is unreliable as it doesn't "stick". I know there is a 2000 folders limit (because this is stored in the windows registry) it would be cool if these settings could be stored in a hidden file (such as desktop.ini) with in the folder.

Shades:
Directory Opus has this kind of functionality. My lack of experience with other filemanagers like XYexplorer, X2(lite),Total commander, etc. stops me from saying that they can do this too. I assume that DO is not the only one who has this problem tackled.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with any extensions for Explorer who can do what you ask for.

RealRaven:
Directory Opus, hmm, sounds kind of interesting although I wasn't looking for a replacement for Windows Explorer. Sometimes I wish I could replace it as it really crashes to often, but its just too well integrated with the rest of windows.

I still think it would be a great utility to be able to copy setting views from folder to folder (maybe with a context menu item).

thanks for the tip,
  Axel

AndyM:
I still think it would be a great utility to be able to copy setting views from folder to folder
-RealRaven (May 09, 2010, 05:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

me too

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version