ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Clipboard Managing-Which one?

<< < (4/9) > >>

sajman99:
Didn't see anyone mention CLCL yet ( http://www.nakka.com/soft/clcl/index_eng.html ).. been using it for years..  :Thmbsup:
-ChalkTrauma (May 06, 2010, 02:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1, same here. 8)

ldarrambide:
Hi all,
been recently struggling with that problem too, and made an extensive search...

i ended up with two choices, but can't decide myself..

Clipcache from http://www.xrayz.co.uk/

Clipdiary from http://clipdiary.com/

The first as anyway my preference, and is 10% off here: http://www.softcns.com/utilities/review-clipcache-pro_9260.html

HTH

cyberdiva:
Mostly, I only want to retain clipboard history for a while, and have it deleted on FIFO basis.
-rjbull (May 06, 2010, 03:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
This is true for me most of the time, and ClipMate makes this very easy.   But even though most of my use of ClipMate is pretty routine and I don't have many clip collections, I'm glad I can store some Spanish phrases in a separate collection that is easy to access but separate from the rest of my clips.  Also, I value very highly ClipMate's "powerpaste" feature; this permits me to take a bunch of clips and paste them into a document in sequence just by hitting CTL-V.  While ClipMate has many features I don't use, I don't feel that they weigh down the program.  I find it on the whole very responsive and easy to use, while offering me features that I'd miss in a more minimalist program.

mouser:
I'm happy to recommend my own Clipboard Help and Spell, but most clipboard tools do the basic stuff pretty well; i'm finally getting into doing updates for CHS, so if you have feature requests be sure to let me know (on a different thread!).

IainB:
As someone who uses text clips (not images) quite intensively, I can recommend this combination:

* mouser's CHS Clipboard Help and Spell. This is an excellent text-only clipboard assistant, with some unusual and useful features. Fast and efficient, and also recently updated.
* hamradio's KK KlipKeeper. Though this partially duplicates CHS' database of clips, it is a handy backup for the paranoid, and it also enables ready access to fast searching of the clips saved, via the FARR search line.
* The AutoHotKey script in the Quote box below. The script by default gives an unformatted paste on Ctrl+V, and a formatted paste on Shift+Ctrl+V. The formatted paste only works on the last Copy action to the clipboard (I think any older text saved in CHS or KK is saved without its fomatting properties).; AutoHotkey script -------------------------------------------------------------------
UnformattedPaste:   ; Unformatted paste - Ctrl-V = Remove formatting from Ctrl-V (paste), unless SHIFT key is also pressed.
   ClipSaved := ClipboardAll ;save original clipboard contents
   clipboard = %clipboard% ;remove formatting
   Send ^v ;send the Ctrl+V command
   Clipboard := ClipSaved ;restore the original clipboard contents
   ClipSaved = ;clear the variable
Return
;-------------------------------------------------------------------

--- End quote ---
I have also tried these free clipboard utilities, but have not exhaustively trialled/tested them:

* ArsClip (Very good). Saves images and text.
* ClipGuru (Very good). Saves images and text, and gives extensive source details for every clip. Has some features not always found in other clipboard assistants. The web site says they have gone away. The last free version I have was v2.8.0, and if you want an installation file for it, you can download it from here.
* ClipM8 (Very good). Saves images and text. Shareware version includes some image editing functionality!
* Ditto (Very good). Saves images and text.
Hope this helps or is of use.

UPDATE 2010-12-23: I just found ClipGuru v2.9.0 as at 2010-03-10 on freewarefiles.com.
I have also saved this for people to download from Box.net in case it goes from freewarefiles.com.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version