ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Clipboard Managing-Which one?

<< < (6/9) > >>

rjbull:
Mouser's Clipboard Help and Spell. Both are great if you need to categorize your clips, but in my experience the price for this is some encumbrance in accessing individual pieces of text. [...]

Ditto is awesome if you don't care about categories, but just want to bring back previous clips with minimum keypresses (and no mouse). The instant incremental search really shines, especially in that it works transparently with substrings (while ClipMate scans only from the beginning of the string IIRC).
-tranglos (May 06, 2010, 02:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

When you bring up the main window in recent versions of CHS, the focus is on the "Search" box, and it works the way you say Ditto does: i.e. finds substrings.

@everybody wanting CHS / FARR integration: have you checked this feature yet?

rjbull:
Mostly, I only want to retain clipboard history for a while, and have it deleted on FIFO basis.
-rjbull (May 06, 2010, 03:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
This is true for me most of the time, and ClipMate makes this very easy.   
-cyberdiva (May 06, 2010, 05:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's a feature I can't see in CLCL, and one of the reasons why I rarely use the latter.  Also true of the old free version of ClipCache, though the current payware version is much more sophisticated.

I value very highly ClipMate's "powerpaste" feature; this permits me to take a bunch of clips and paste them into a document in sequence just by hitting CTL-V.
--- End quote ---

I never really got into ClipMate, but that sounds a potentially useful feature.  Some of the freewares have something similar, e.g. ArsClip's Form Mode, though I've never used it.

rjbull:
As someone who uses text clips (not images) quite intensively, I can recommend this combination:
-IainB (May 06, 2010, 09:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

My combination at work was ArsClip and CHS, though at home I mostly just use the latter.

ArsClip (Very good). Saves images and text.
--- End quote ---

True, but it has a default setting to not save non-text clips above a certain size.  I can't remember the default, but recommend users check it's big enough to fit their needs and adjust if necessary.

wraith808:
When I looked, I found ClipMate the best, and I've never seen anything to give me any cause to reconsider.
-Dormouse (May 06, 2010, 04:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
+1

Contro:
There are no many options when you need share clip on the net.

Ditto is the best

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version