ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DC Member Programs and Projects

My new pet project : makes flash games more like desktop games

<< < (9/15) > >>

lanux128:
nice work with the blog.. also a feature request: in Firefox, is it possible to add a SwiffOut menu item in the 'Tools' menu? i use minimal Firefox UI and i've hidden the navigation toolbar.

ecaradec:
Hi lanux thank. That's my first time successfully designing something over wordpress. I'll add a menu. In the meantime you can move your button in the address bar. I think I did that.

lanux128:
Hi lanux thank. That's my first time successfully designing something over wordpress. I'll add a menu. In the meantime you can move your button in the address bar. I think I did that.-ecaradec (May 21, 2010, 01:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

thanks for the suggestion, ecaradec..

Deozaan:
In Swiffout/Firefox the game as it is intended is displayed in the upper left corner. The rest of the screen, however, is not black - it displays the gameplay area normally invisible for the player :D I'm not saying it is a bad thing, mind you...
-Jabberwock (May 10, 2010, 03:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

I believe this is an option in Flash that the developer chooses. As a developer you can choose for your content to scale with the window size (window gets bigger, pictures get bigger), or stay the same size and display more stuff (window gets bigger, you can see stuff that was offscreen).

When I did things in Flash, I was often a fan of displaying more stuff.

ecaradec:
I found out that most flash games are configured to scale when the window gets bigger. Usually games likes to control exactly what's the user see. The more flexible things are, the more difficult the game play is to adjust (yoda style ;) ). Do you know some flash games that would works that way ? Exploration games, like 'Universe' could benefit from that, but I don't know of any games that play that way.

The game final-ninja was configured to not scaling and ignore scaling even if forced : it can only be played at the resolution it was written for. Actually it does exactly the stuff you do when you want to show more contents, but it didn't, so scaling doesn't work. By the way, setting resolution like SwiffOut does, seems like the only way to play fullscreen on that game. Flash Game Maximizer couldn't make this game work fullscreen. So this is a good point for SwiffOut !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version