ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

ATNSOFT Key Manager, Key Remapper, Text Paster - 30% Discount Coupon Code

<< < (4/10) > >>

nudone:
HotKeyz looks kind of nice, with the use of icons for hotkey items but i can't see how it uses mouse buttons for input - nor does it appear to have a pause.

so, it's not for me.

rjbull:
HotKeyz looks kind of nice, with the use of icons for hotkey items but i can't see how it uses mouse buttons for input - nor does it appear to have a pause.
-nudone (May 12, 2010, 12:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sanity check; I haven't used it myself, at least, not much and not recently.  But, according to the Web version of HotKeyz Online Help, it has both mouse actions and Pause and Wait commands.

Mouse Actions:
LButton                - Left Mouse Button
MButton                - Middle Mouse Button
RButton                - Right Mouse Button

--- End quote ---

Wait

This command waits for the time in milli-seconds specified in the parameter tab. This command should only be used as part of the Multiple Commands. When you want to wait between commands then specify a waiting period.

--- End quote ---

Special command:

Pause (Use this half a second pause between remap commands)

--- End quote ---

I also e-mailed Magnus and suggested he made the more interesting features more obvious on the HotKeyz Web page, also that he might make a version that didn't need an installer.

nudone:
i think we are starting to talk about different functions - which is easy to do with these hotkey managers. sorry, i should have tried to be more specific.

it looks to me like HotKeyz doesn't recognise mouse clicks as input but it will do it as output. in other words, if i wanted to associate a macro to a simultaneous left and right button click (that i manually perform) it won't do it. but it will allow me to create a keyboard hotkey that will then perform mouse clicks for me (i want to do the reverse of that, if you see what i mean).

the pause function i mentioned should also have been better described as a global hotkey toggle to stop all hotkey functions from being recognised.

i could well be wrong that HotKeyz doesn't do these things but i couldn't see how and the help file didn't explain how either.

until then it was looking like a very good hotkey manager.

rjbull:
it looks to me like HotKeyz doesn't recognise mouse clicks as input but it will do it as output. in other words, if i wanted to associate a macro to a simultaneous left and right button click (that i manually perform) it won't do it. but it will allow me to create a keyboard hotkey that will then perform mouse clicks for me (i want to do the reverse of that, if you see what i mean).-nudone (May 13, 2010, 04:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not entirely, but as you observe, it's easy to get confused with these things.  If you're interested in a more mouse-centric program and don't want to go the PowerPro route, have you looked at RemoteKeys?  It's another one I haven't tried - maybe I should make a resolution not to suggest things I haven't extensively tested myself  :-[

From RemoteKeys Readme.txt:RemoteKeys is a button-based automation tool with macro recorder and timer.
It can automate complex control systems.
It can replace all complicated keystroke combinations with simple button clicks.
It can send text modules to any window and form and many more.

[...]

RemoteKeys is freeware for private use but restricted for commercial use.
--- End quote ---

i could well be wrong that HotKeyz doesn't do these things but i couldn't see how and the help file didn't explain how either.
--- End quote ---

Sounds like it doesn't, then.  But it might be worth e-mailing the author to check, or suggest as a new feature.

until then it was looking like a very good hotkey manager.

--- End quote ---

I'd guess that HotKeyP does most of what it does, except for learn-by-example macros, but HotKeyz looks the most polished of the dedicated hotkey programs, at least of the ones that are free.

nudone:
RemoteKeys looks like it could answer a few of my other problems. i'll have to spend a bit of time on this one - will check how it works tomorrow...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version