ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Humble Indie Bundle (pay what you want sale)

<< < (5/9) > >>

cranioscopical:
Thanks for the info.

Just what I need for my nephew  :Thmbsup:

wraith808:
I picked it up... knowing me, I probably won't play any of them until/unless they have steam activation.  :-[

rgdot:
I am not a gamer so forgive me if this common. (Publicly) keeping track of average purchase is one thing but average purchase per platform is hilarious and not necessarily in a good way...

mwb1100:
I am not a gamer so forgive me if this common. (Publicly) keeping track of average purchase is one thing but average purchase per platform is hilarious and not necessarily in a good way...
-rgdot (December 14, 2010, 06:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not a gamer either - but I don't necessarily understand what would be "not necessarily in a good way" about it.  It's mildly interesting, but I don't see it as being important in either a good or bad way.

I would be (again, mildly) interested to see the statistics on how the payments were divided up (ie., how much was designated to charity vs. the game developers and Humble Pie).  But that's not charted as far as I can tell.

rgdot:
-rgdot (December 14, 2010, 06:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not a gamer either - but I don't necessarily understand what would be "not necessarily in a good way" about it.  It's mildly interesting, but I don't see it as being important in either a good or bad way.

I would be (again, mildly) interested to see the statistics on how the payments were divided up (ie., how much was designated to charity vs. the game developers and Humble Pie).  But that's not charted as far as I can tell.

-mwb1100 (December 14, 2010, 06:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't feel strongly about it either, just pointing out what seemed somewhat silly to me.

The 'not necessarily in a good way' was because of the following reason: if the current trend continues, it can basically only be used to say 'Windows users something something'. I can't think of any other purpose to collect this kind of info, let alone make it public. I doubt they are conducting any sort of scientific experiment or poll or collecting site visitor analytics based on who pays.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version