ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Humble Indie Bundle (pay what you want sale)

<< < (3/9) > >>

Deozaan:
Hooray! Samorost 2! What a nice surprise! Makes me wish I had more to donate. :-[

Deozaan:
This is getting some press.

It's reported in the Globe & Mail newspaper in Canada.
Apparently, in three days:

* over 50,000 responses
* nearly $US 500,000 received
* Linux users paid the most
* Windows users paid the least
* Mac in the middle-cranioscopical (May 09, 2010, 10:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

While it is true that Windows users paid the least on average, over half of the $614,230 "donated" has been from Windows users. Linux is about 25%, and Mac is somewhere between 20-25%.

http://www.wolfire.com/humble#statistics
And then there are people like me who downloaded both Windows and Linux versions, so my contribution counted toward both, which might skew the numbers a bit in Linux's favor. Or it might not. :-[

cranioscopical:
While it is true that Windows users paid the least on average, over half of the $614,230 "donated" has been from Windows users.
--- End quote ---

I sit corrected, I should have been more explicit.

Lashiec:
The offer has been extended for another week to celebrate that the total amount of money collected from donators went over $1,000,000. What's more, as promised, all games included except for World of Goo and Samorost 2, will be open sourced under liberal licenses, with Lugaru already available for anyone to grab from a Mercurial repository, and free to do whatever you like with it as long as it's within the terms of the GPL.

wraith808:
And then there are people like me who downloaded both Windows and Linux versions, so my contribution counted toward both, which might skew the numbers a bit in Linux's favor. Or it might not. :-[
-Deozaan (May 09, 2010, 10:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

I thought it was the little survey on your key page that determined where you fell statistically.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version