ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Bought (or thinking of buying) an Apple iPad? You may have been duped!

<< < (4/7) > >>

JavaJones:
Strange Wraith, your Acer has basically the same specs as mine (CPU, RAM, 6 cell battery, just under 3 pounds, etc.) but mine apparently has significantly better battery life. This is what I got: http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-1005HA-PU1X-BK-10-1-Inch-Black-Netbook/dp/B002DYIXMI

It advertises 10 hr life, but I get 9-9.5 regularly. They now have newer models advertising 12hr, so I bet you could get 10-11.

- Oshyan

wraith808:
I wonder what the difference is that makes the difference in battery life.  Mine only advertises 6.5, but yours advertises 10.5.  Strange...

JavaJones:
I don't know, I'm curious too. Also, my battery doesn't stick out or anything, it's not particularly big-seeming. I think it just makes thicker in the back than the front, so it's kind of like a stand almost. :D http://www.liliputing.com/2009/06/asus-eee-pc-1005ha-unboxing-video.html

- Oshyan

Carol Haynes:
Have you tried contacting Acer and seeing if they can supply a better battery pack - or just buy a spare battery?

wraith808:
Have you tried contacting Acer and seeing if they can supply a better battery pack - or just buy a spare battery?
-Carol Haynes (May 06, 2010, 03:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

The battery supplied gets a lifetime that is within the range that I would expect.  If they advertise 6.5 hours, I'd say 5-6 hours is good from my experience with that difference.  They have a 9-cell battery, but it's pretty big.  And carrying around an extra battery just so I can go all day?  Not really appealing.  And, as I stated in my second post, I sort of understated the differences.  I just don't really need a keyboard for my uses, and it actually gets in the way/makes using the device unwieldy for reading, which is my primary use for it, whether that is a book, a comic, or a website.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version